PDA

View Full Version : E67 and A/C clutch request

95wagon
December 28th, 2011, 02:30 PM
I understand this is more complicated than just wiring it up ,,, but are there any E67 set ups that use a terminal (powered or grounded) for A/C on request?
So far, every wiring diagram I find has the request for the A/C clutch coming down class 2 serial data lines.
I am trying to have the E67 control the clutch in an older car without resorting to an HVAC "upgrade"
The car currently just has "on or off" power from the control

Thanks for any help
Gerry

GMPX
December 28th, 2011, 11:28 PM
Gerry, I've been working on a modified ECM OS for conversions for a while now, but I keep getting swamped with other things to get around to finishing them off. To answer your question, I don't think there was any cars that used a pin on the ECM to toggle the A/C, most of this stuff unfortunately is handled on the Class2 or CAN bus.

gmh308
December 29th, 2011, 11:43 PM
Gerry, I've been working on a modified ECM OS for conversions for a while now, but I keep getting swamped with other things to get around to finishing them off. To answer your question, I don't think there was any cars that used a pin on the ECM to toggle the A/C, most of this stuff unfortunately is handled on the Class2 or CAN bus.

What objectives for the conversion OS Ross? Happy New Year to all! :)

GMPX
December 30th, 2011, 10:22 AM
Whatever makes the L96 swap in to my Cadillac easier :)
Two things, both tested working on the bench, starter control (request) via a discrete input, the same for A/C request.
As usual, it's a lot of work and there is no possible way I would consider doing the OS mods to all 110+ E38 & E67 OS's, so if it ever sees the light of day it will only be on a select few, probably only E38 and no GMPP OS's.

Cheers,
Ross

gmh308
December 30th, 2011, 07:43 PM
Whatever makes the L96 swap in to my Cadillac easier :)
Two things, both tested working on the bench, starter control (request) via a discrete input, the same for A/C request.
As usual, it's a lot of work and there is no possible way I would consider doing the OS mods to all 110+ E38 & E67 OS's, so if it ever sees the light of day it will only be on a select few, probably only E38 and no GMPP OS's.

Cheers,
Ross

Cool! :)

Starter control with PN interlock? And A/C with full idle speed control?

Very nice. Wizardry! :rockon:

Which A/C system you planning to run in the Caddy? Something aftermarket or stock with a new style compressor?

And is the L96 a full VVT and AFM engine with the A6 trans?

GMPX
December 30th, 2011, 08:23 PM
Starter control with PN interlock? And A/C with full idle speed control?
Correct, just like it should be, no re-wiring the starter system (if it's a complete pull-out). For complete pull-out engine & trans combo it simplifies things a lot because the P/N switch is of course already integrated.

Which A/C system you planning to run in the Caddy? Something aftermarket or stock with a new style compressor?
Being a Cadillac it already has an A/C, granted it's nearly 50 years old, but it's there and was working until I had to get the gas let out for Aus import reasons. If I can I'll be trying to make that work but with the new compressor and also fitting an A/C pressure sensor.
Gauges are another thing...

And is the L96 a full VVT and AFM engine with the A6 trans?
L96 is iron block alloy head (rectangle ports. 9.6:1 comp), VVT, no AFM, E85 (on some models), with a 2WD 6L90E trans. The swap is not about going fast, that's not what old Cadillacs are about, it's about trouble free cruising.

Highlander
August 24th, 2015, 11:24 AM
no GMPP????