PDA

View Full Version : cant change vin# after flashing different tune.

kregelsmax
December 28th, 2011, 03:28 PM
Today I was gonna try to get my stock tune of my truck for the first time, after trying it for a few times it didnt wanna work giving me the $0311 code, after doing some research I found out that the Smarty leaves a footprint behind after setting it back to stock. So I read some more long story short, I uploaded a stock tune from one of my other trucks that worked fine and full flashed this tune into the truck that I was having problems with, Then I read on the web you can change to vin# to match with the truck, after numerous tries its a big no no, as soon I try to upload the new vin its giving me the $80 code, and truck wont start.

What can I do here to fix this problem Thanks in advance!

Ira
December 28th, 2011, 03:32 PM
Are you using the Scan tool to try and change the VIN?

Ira

kregelsmax
December 28th, 2011, 03:33 PM
Yes I was, using the shift+ctrl+f9 key

dansdieselp
December 28th, 2011, 05:37 PM
Make sure your V2 is up to date. Then try restarting your computer. Open scan tool and connect to CMB 5.9. Click the program vin button and make sure your vin # is correct in the bottom line. Hit reprogram and it should work.

kregelsmax
December 28th, 2011, 06:14 PM
Everything is up to date as far as I can tell but I use the generic can ECM controller at my scan tool is this the wrong one? Maybe I am missing an up date.

ScarabEpic22
December 28th, 2011, 06:26 PM
Yes thats your problem, you need to select the CMB Cummins controller then change the VIN using what DDP said.

kregelsmax
December 29th, 2011, 04:28 AM
Yes It worked!, I knew I had the latest updates but i just downloaded it again and restarted the laptop a few times and boom there was the CMB controller and changed the vin with no problem! Thank you guys!