PDA

View Full Version : Unable to unlock PCM

Hyper99
January 1st, 2012, 02:20 PM
I have three 99-08 PCM's for a Fiero project with a 3800 that I am trying to tune. One is from a aftermarket dealer and the other two are stock out of salvage cars.

I can unlock and tune my truck with my equipment with a 99 PCM it it, but cannot get access to any of the three same PCM's for this other vehicle - the engine came from a 99 Bonneville and the other two PCM's are of similar models.

I can SCAN the PCM's when they are running the car, but cannot unlock them to read the tune. Tried both methods to unlock it and it says they need a custom seed to unlock. I could understand that for the aftermarket PCM, but the two salvage PCM's should not be locked. I should at least be able to read the tunes out of the controller before buying the license correct or has this changed?

Any thoughts/ideas on this would be appreciated.

GMPX
January 1st, 2012, 02:56 PM
We don't support tuning for the PCM used in the 3800 V6. This means they cannot be read or flashed with EFILive.

Hyper99
January 6th, 2012, 12:35 PM
Don't suppose this is anywhere on the TODO list?

GMPX
January 6th, 2012, 02:11 PM
We got some serious flack over the 3800 PCM :bawl: , there is a thread on here 'somewhere'. The current status is not being worked on.