PDA

View Full Version : 3-4 t/h upshift question

AdamRRT
January 2nd, 2012, 07:22 AM
I admit I hadn't been paying attention to the tuning lately cause I was pretty ok with how my truck is running. Also playing with some new toys (new AR-15, couple other guns). So looking at this trans tuning, I'm really excited. Tranny tuning is what has always sat EFI Live above HPTuners. They both did enough on fuel tuning, but EFI Live has always been heads above in the transmission tuning dept. And I'm glad to see we have the start of it now. Especially on this previously thought to be minimally electronic tranny. Pretty exciting.

I'm wanting my T/H 3-4 upshift to take place closer to 56-57mph. But looking at the table, it makes no sense because it always shifts at the same spot, regardless of throttle position (when in T/H remember). So anybody able to dumb it down for me? Thanks!

AdamRRT
January 2nd, 2012, 07:58 AM
Ok so looking closer, do we just go by the first shaft speed with a TP% above 0?

mstordahl
January 2nd, 2012, 11:35 AM
The first point where shaft speed and minimum throttle is met it will shift there. It took me a bit to understand it but im starting to get it better.

AdamRRT
January 2nd, 2012, 11:50 AM
Gotcha. That's what I was thinking. Thanks man!
So why the rest of the graph? For situations after-downshifting?

mstordahl
January 2nd, 2012, 12:31 PM
Think of it ike this, the graph can be looked at as two seperate areas. Above the line it wont shift, below it will, thats how I see it simplified.

Looking at the stock table, at 30% throttle and 1900 shaft speed it will not shift. Hold that throttle to 2000 and now it will.

I would think that the best way for you to get where you want would be to modify your shaft speed axis.

GMPX
January 2nd, 2012, 12:45 PM
Tranny tuning is what has always sat EFI Live above HPTuners.
I assume you aren't talking about Cummins here right?