PDA

View Full Version : Help with transient fuelling issues

VXSS
January 2nd, 2012, 08:07 PM
I'm working on tuning my VX SS Commodore, currently it's set up in SD mode and is ignoring the O2 sensors for the time being (at least until I solve this issue), the car is pretty standard except for the SS Inductions Growler, the MAF has been removed, and twin 3" and 4-1 extractors... The transient fuelling issue really became apparent after installing the extractors and exhaust, I believe it to be caused by more air being sucked into the cylinders changing the way fuel is added.

at first look it appeared to me that the injectors are firing too late causing a lean out under light load, and trailing rich spike afterwards, the injector timing tables seem to do two parts of f'all to change this, has anyone got any experience fixing this issue with the transient fuelling tables?

I've attached a log file, a good example is frame 5117 thru 5147... I don't believe this to be a VE issue as other parts of the log referencing the same VE cells do not appear to be lean...

izaks
January 3rd, 2012, 08:20 AM
Without seeing your tune, it is very difficult to comment.
VE certainly seems to be an issue as commanded varies considerably from the wideband (5124) and timing is contributing as you have a lot of KR at the same time

VXSS
January 3rd, 2012, 08:36 AM
Without seeing your tune, it is very difficult to comment.
VE certainly seems to be an issue as commanded varies considerably from the wideband (5124) and timing is contributing as you have a lot of KR at the same time

I've spent a lot of time getting the VE correct, I'm forever refining it and smoothing it, since this log I've actually addressed the VE around the idle cells, however I don't believe this to be the cause , if you have a look through the log file you should be able to find a number of occasions where the 1500rpm/50kpa VE cells are referenced where WO2 is within 1% of commanded, the biggest difference occurs on transition from cruising to light acceleration at about 30% throttle. the Auto VE process is making 1% & 2% changes at this point so I deem it to be pretty close. KR has two issues in this log, I've got a little too much timing under power in some places, but in others KR sets in as a result of the ECU running the engine for 13.2 during the 2ms where the injectors are still fuelling for 15.xx, too lean under load, and detonates, it's pretty cautious as it takes a lot of advance out and eases it back in, dropping it all back when the throttle is released or RPM picks up.