PDA

View Full Version : ECU Hacking

VXSS
January 4th, 2012, 01:05 AM
Can anyone point me in the right direction to find schematics for a 16220610 ECU? I want to learn more about the design, I'm an analyst/programmer with an electronics background, and all this tuning work I've been doing on my car has given me a few (scary) ideas. I'm considering the possibility of hacking the ECU to feed it a processed output from a pair of WB02's, say for example LC-1's.

my current thoughts are to jam the current program into closed loop at all AFR's, hack out the ECT vs CL Mode table to reference AFR instead, resetting O2 switch points for various AFR's set in the LC-1 setup. this might give a limit of a few pre-set AFR's, however I think it might be possible.

to do this I need to know more about the ecu itself including what processor it runs so I can hopefully locate a suitable disassembler

I'm interested in anyone's thoughts or ideas...

Tordne
January 4th, 2012, 08:42 AM
Due to the potential for abuse of EFILive's tuning products and possible violations of EFILive's terms and conditions, EFILive does not host topics about reverse engineering or hacking of tuning software or hardware.

joecar
January 4th, 2012, 08:44 AM
GM owns the copyright on the ECU and may legally go after anyone who performs reverse engineering.

joecar
January 4th, 2012, 09:02 AM
VSXX,

I suggest you would save yourself a lot of problems by going with an aftermarket system (e.g. Holley EFI system which already does what you want).