PDA

View Full Version : Injector Flow Rate correction of VE Table

oztracktuning
January 24th, 2006, 11:36 AM
I want to be able to input the correct SVO 30 injector flow rates. I had the old table that thought the injectors were rates at 43.5psi not 40psi. So the numbers are out. I just compared the two sets of numbers and i need to input numbers for flow rates that are an even 1.0428 across the board larger.

If i do this how much will this effect my VE tables numbers. How much do i need to adjust them by?

Also is there anything else changing these will effect? Timing? will it hot different cells because of a change in the VE table?

Any help would be appreciated.

Steve

Tordne
January 24th, 2006, 11:56 AM
Try and use this spreadsheet (http://www.allmod.net/hpt/injectors.xls) to calculate the required Injector Flow Rate table. The SVO injectors are rated at 40psi, LS1 fuel pressure is generally around 58psi.

In theory the VE numbers should stay pretty much the same if the injector scaling is correct cause less pulse width will be required to deliver the same volume of fuel. Some people suggest changing the Offset table as well, but I'm not sure (haven't been able to find any definitive info on that).

Good luck,

oztracktuning
January 24th, 2006, 12:06 PM
The VE table is already pretty close but the thing is
that i am not changing injectors - i just want to change from the old "wrong" set of SVO 30 numbers to the new "correct" ones

The old ones are below

To the new correct ones which are all the same % larger. I got them from the table that you mentioned.

Ps

My VE table that i want to correct is being displayed in g/cylinder at 22 deg C.

Tordne
January 24th, 2006, 12:30 PM
OK, understand.

If they are 1.04% out across the board I would input the new values you believe to be correct and run the car up.. Hit a few cells and see if the BEN factors (assuming you are using a wideband) are over or under by a consistent amount (I would expect the BENS to be around 1.04 based on what you are saying).

If you find that they are not a consistent amount out I'd say you will simple need to perform the AutoVE process again, which shouldn't be too bad.

joecar
January 24th, 2006, 02:14 PM
Hey, it's an excuse to go out and do an Auto VE tune again... :rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon:

Tordne
January 24th, 2006, 02:16 PM
Hey, it's an excuse to go out and do an Auto VE tune again... :rockon::rockon::rockon:

I do an AutoVE tune almost everyday :muahaha:

bink
January 24th, 2006, 04:44 PM
Flyer - do you have a Bosch part number for your SVOs??

Black02SS
January 24th, 2006, 04:52 PM
I do an AutoVE tune almost everyday :muahaha:
Lets ask Tordne how many flashes he has on his cable.... And it would be just from his car. ;)

bink
January 24th, 2006, 04:54 PM
Lets ask Tordne how many flashes he has on his cable.... And it would be just from his car. ;)

.................................................. ..............:Eyecrazy: :muahaha:

Tordne
January 24th, 2006, 04:57 PM

OK, so I get the most value for money out of my FlashScan investement :exactly:

I am around the 650 mark :banana:, but I've had the product since the day it came out basically (as if that makes it any better)

Black02SS
January 24th, 2006, 04:58 PM

I am around the 650 mark :banana:, but I've had the product since the day it came out basically (as if that makes it any better)
I bet there are tuner shops that don't have that many flashes. :muahaha:

Tordne
January 24th, 2006, 05:00 PM
I bet there are tuner shops that don't have that many flashes. :muahaha:

I have flashed two other cars, not mine.. They only account for about 6 of those but. About time I started getting some more tuning gigs huh?

oztracktuning
January 24th, 2006, 05:52 PM
My injectors are the red capped ones. I dont have the part number with me.

joecar
January 25th, 2006, 06:12 AM

Cool, that's the way to go, mate. :cheers:

oztracktuning
January 29th, 2006, 02:31 PM
I just changed the IFR values to the correct ones it was about an extra 4.3% across the board. I also changed the VE values upward by about 4.3% then did an AutoVE run. I have now had to pull the VE table down in many areas by about 2-3% but in some areas i had to add fuel ie. at 1600rpm and 2000 rpm at 30-35map i had to add 2-3% to the VE table. Maybe it was just because that area had an error anyway - but i dont think so. Its been really accurate. Idle was spot on.

A filtered average of the whole run removing DFCO it recorded an averaged being 1.3% rich.

I wonder if doing this change to VE table and IFR will push my timing into different cells on the Timing Tables? I guess it does as my g/cylinder in many areas have gone up. The recorded ones now are 0.91g/cylinder which was reached at 5581rpm and 98map in 30 drg C IAT

GMPX
January 29th, 2006, 02:48 PM

When you hit 1,000 you'll need to send it back for a 1,000 flash service ;)

Cheers,
Ross

Tordne
January 29th, 2006, 03:25 PM
When you hit 1,000 you'll need to send it back for a 1,000 flash service ;)

Cheers,
Ross

Hopefully by then V2 will be out and I can start again at 0 ;)

oztracktuning
January 29th, 2006, 04:52 PM
Where do you look up how many flashes you have done. I must be catching you quickly Tordne. I have done 31 updated tunes in 9 days. My first 9 days.

Tordne
January 29th, 2006, 05:01 PM
Where do you look up how many flashes you have done. I must be catching you quickly Tordne. I have done 31 updated tunes in 9 days. My first 9 days.

In the Tune Tool go to the Help menu and choose FlashScan PCM Licensing. You need to be connected to the FlashScan interface to get the flash count.

31 Flashes in 9 days is respectable, but you have a long way to go :muahaha:

Do you have Commercial or Personal version?

TAQuickness
January 30th, 2006, 05:02 AM
I've got about 300 on my cable - just my car. About 70 of those were in the last 2 weeks getting the idle nailed down. :bash:

oztracktuning
January 30th, 2006, 03:35 PM
So what way will temperature usually send the AFrs.

Will colder than usual send the rich or lean ?

If the AFRs are richer then i guess that means decreasing the VE value at that temperature and vica versa. Is this correct?

Tordne
January 30th, 2006, 03:46 PM
So what way will temperature usually send the AFrs.

Will colder than usual send the rich or lean ?

If the AFRs are richer then i guess that means decreasing the VE value at that temperature and vica versa. Is this correct?
Cold = Rich, Hot = Lean (in my experience)

Rich = Decrease VE, Lean = Increase VE

Basically you got it. The VE table is basically assessing how much fuel needs to be mixed to achieve the commanded AFR.

jfpilla
February 6th, 2006, 11:55 AM
I want to be able to input the correct SVO 30 injector flow rates. I had the old table that thought the injectors were rates at 43.5psi not 40psi. So the numbers are out. I just compared the two sets of numbers and i need to input numbers for flow rates that are an even 1.0428 across the board larger.

If i do this how much will this effect my VE tables numbers. How much do i need to adjust them by?

Also is there anything else changing these will effect? Timing? will it hot different cells because of a change in the VE table?

Any help would be appreciated.

Steve

After reading this thread I retuned using the new "correct" numbers. The tables would not line up no matter what I did. I ran it for over a week and it stayed the same. Today, I put the old(43.5) numbers back with the corresponding MAF and DAF tables and it all fell in place.
-Is 43.5 really the correct Number?
-Or are my injectors not flowing as advertised?

Anyone else find the same results?

oztracktuning
February 6th, 2006, 12:01 PM
It only made about a 2-3 % difference to mine. Something that the autotune procedure on the VE table fixes quiet easily.

Some say it doesnt matter what values are in the IFR table (even stock ones) the main thing is to get the VE table dialled in to suit. Not sure that this is fact though.

jfpilla
February 6th, 2006, 12:23 PM
I should have mentioned that I run the MAF. Using 43.5 the IACDESg/s, MAFg/s logs and inputted Airflow match. Using 40.0 the tables are 10% off.
I guess I should have my injectors flowed. It's probably the only way to be sure the MAF table is correct at WOT.

bink
February 6th, 2006, 02:32 PM
After reading this thread I retuned using the new "correct" numbers. The tables would not line up no matter what I did. I ran it for over a week and it stayed the same. Today, I put the old(43.5) numbers back with the corresponding MAF and DAF tables and it all fell in place.
-Is 43.5 really the correct Number?
-Or are my injectors not flowing as advertised?

Anyone else find the same results?

Joe - do you have the Bosch part number off your injector?
Marcin found a Bosch Motorsport pdf online that contains flow data for many injectors. I'll send it to you - in case you need it.

Cheers,
joel

jfpilla
February 6th, 2006, 02:43 PM
Joe - do you have the Bosch part number off your injector?
Marcin found a Bosch Motorsport pdf online that contains flow data for many injectors. I'll send it to you - in case you need it.

Cheers,
joel

Joel,
That's terrific. I got this off the receipt. FMS-M9593B302. If that's not it can I get it off the injectors without pulling them? I hope 43.5 is right. The car tunes easily with those numbers. I'm planning on a little car work late spring. I'll probably get them flowed too.
Thanks
Joe

jfpilla
February 6th, 2006, 03:50 PM
Joel,
I got the file. Looks like I need to get the # off the injector.
Mr Analog is good. Implies perspective. Past, Present, Future.
Joe

bink
February 7th, 2006, 11:44 AM
Mr Analog is good. Implies perspective. Past, Present, Future.
Joe
Took me a while to "get" this .................................:muahaha:.

Let me know if the pdf helps :mrgreen:

:cheers:
joel

oztracktuning
February 12th, 2006, 03:12 PM
I am chasing the offset table data now.
Mine are the Bosch 0280150945
SVO 30s

I have found somewhere that they are 14.5 ohms. I read some people can calculate it from this.

Black02SS
February 12th, 2006, 03:14 PM
I am chasing the offset table data now.
Mine are the Bosch 0280150945
SVO 30s

I have found somewhere that they are 14.5 ohms. I read some people can calculate it from this.

Check out this thread.

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=452873