PDA

View Full Version : Release Candidate 8, Jan 06, 2012

Blacky
January 5th, 2012, 10:35 PM
Release Candidate 8 of the EFILive V7.5 and V8 software is available for download.
Although we've released this software as a release candidate version, we highly recommend not using it in a production environment or in situations where failure cannot be tolerated.

Auto Update:

This latest release candidate uses a new installer from Indigo Rose that is not compatible with the V7.5 and V8 software that has been installed with the QSetup installer.
You must uninstall the current publicly released V7.5 and V8 software prior to installing this release candidate.
The new installer supports auto updating but it will not be enabled until the full public release of the EFILive software.
For now, please download and install this release candidate using the links below.

Manual download/install available here:
http://download.efilive.com/Software/V7.5/EFILiveV7.5.7.191_RC8a.exe (91 MB)
http://download.efilive.com/Software/V8/EFILiveV8.2.1.181_RC8a.exe (33 MB)

Important information
Boot block and Firmware updates
Please update your FlashScan and AutoCal boot blocks to V2.07.04 (Dec 13, 2011) and the firmware to V2.07.22 (Jan 06, 2011).
The boot block update fixes a problem with AutoCal's LCD in low temperatures.
The firmware version has deliberately been left at V2.07.22 so that customers can easily revert back to the existing publicly released V2.07.22 (Aug 24, 2011) firmware if this latest firmware causes problems.

*.ctd v's *.ctz file format
*.ctd (calibration tune data) files are no longer supported by the latest FlashScan and AutoCal firmware. The new file format supported by FlashScan and AutoCal is *.ctz (calibration tune zip) files. The V7.5 and V8 software will continue to allow you to open/read *.ctd files but you can only save files in the new *.ctz file format. This is only a concern for tuners that are sending tune files to their customers. If you want to send *.ctz files to your customers, then your customers must also have the latest V7.5 and V8 software installed and must also have their FlashScans and AutoCals updated with the latest firmware.

Script Files

Script files have been updated. The latest script files must be copied to FlashScan/AutoCal devices to maintain compatibility with the latest V2.07.22 (Jan 06, 2012) firmware.

Known Issues:
Issue #1

Attempting to read a CMB/CMC controller using standalone reading (BBR) when no vehicle is connected to FlashScan/AutoCal may cause FlashScan/AutoCal to hang. In that case you should power cycle FlashScan/AutoCal to regain control.

Issue #2

AutoCal may become unresponsive to USB commands from the host PC after completing a BBF operation while still connected to the PC via USB.

Issue #3

E55 BBL does not work.
Issue #4
Disabling BTM on the Cummins may set a MIL with a checksum DTC, seems hit and miss (this should be 100% cured in RC8a).
Issue #5
Selecting "Update All Items" from the right-click context menu on the quick-start list of the main scan and tune window will cause the application to hang after it has completed the update process.
Issue #6
Cannot copy or paste text in to the Tune Tool navigator
Issue #7
Table B1829 on all 2012 E38 OS's has the RPM axis wrong.
Issue #8
Flashing LBZ or LMM ECM's with v7.5 RC8 will fail, you need to use V8 to flash the LBZ/LMM until this is fixed.

Reporting Issues:
If you discover any problems/faults, please make a note of them in this thread.
For urgent or complicated issues, please create a support ticket here: http://support.efilive.com

What's new in this release candidate (since Release Candidate 7):
For a description of previous updates, please see the RC7 thread here:
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?18000-Release-Candidate-7-Dec-22-2011

Changes in RC8:

Fixed Help->Tutorial menus linking to the wrong documents.
Fixed up controller selection in BBX so that existing captions are not overwritten when editing window first opens.
Fixed LBZ/LMM BBL from failing with "Unsupported PID" messages.
Changing the VIN in the V7 software on the main calibrations page now also changes the VIN in the *.ctz files' meta data area. The meta data VIN is what shows up in the "quick start" list in the main window of the the V8 software.
The Cummins fuel timing calculator now displays a brief help message explaining the use and purpose of the calculator.
Fixed CMB checksum issue caused by "box tuners" not returning controllers to stock (please refer to new pdf guide for more info).
Fixed LBZ/LMM DSP5 full-flash no-start condition.
If a *.ctz file is flagged by the software with a bad controller checksum, the V8 flash process (standalone or pass-thru) will no longer allow the file to be flashed.
Added CMB OS 11700101
Added CMC OS 11520902 , 11610805 & 11720505
Changed CMC read script for 11min read time.
Added Pilot Injection timing tables for 6.7L Cummins.
Added a new Cummins 'ECM Reference notes' PDF in the Help->Tutorial menus.

Regards
The EFILive Development Team

Duramax 6.6L
January 6th, 2012, 01:05 AM
Downloaded and installed

vortecfcar
January 6th, 2012, 03:01 AM
Thanks for your hard work guys!

TexasCummins
January 6th, 2012, 03:02 AM
I'll install this one right away.

WyoFreeride
January 6th, 2012, 04:13 AM
Downloading now

dansdieselp
January 6th, 2012, 06:53 AM
Works good so far. Thanks guys.

FUBAR
January 6th, 2012, 08:15 AM
Important informationBoot block and Firmware updates
Please update your FlashScan and AutoCal boot blocks to V2.07.04 (Dec 13, 2011) and the firmware to V2.07.22 (Jan 06, 2011).
The boot block update fixes a problem with AutoCal's LCD in low temperatures.
The firmware version has deliberately been left at V2.07.22 so that customers can easily revert back to the existing publicly released V2.07.22 (Aug 24, 2011) firmware if this latest firmware causes problems.

I had RC7 installed and my V2 updated off of RC7 when I updated to RC8. My question is, my Bootblock still says V2.07.04 Dec 12, 2011 and Firmware 2.07.22 Dec 13, 2011 when I I thought I needed to update them as well. But then I saw the V2.07.04 and V2.07.22 are the same, just it doesnt match the dates listed above in RC8. I assume since EFILive Control Panel is telling me they're "OK" after updating to RC8, and the V2.XX.XX's match as above, there's nothing to worry about?

Thanks,

ScarabEpic22
January 6th, 2012, 08:32 AM
FUBAR, this is when you need to use EFILive Explorer to manually flash the firmware in. Since the RC7, 8a versions are the same revision as the last public release, V8 HAPI will NOT prompt you to update because it checks the revision and not the date (IIRC, I havent even updated my fw to the RC7 one :( ). Check the dates, if they dont match the ones in this release, then manually flash the fw in using EFILive Explorer.

FUBAR
January 6th, 2012, 08:35 AM
That's what puzzles me. I'm referring to when I tried it via EFIlive explorer as well. It still says ok in the Firmware tab. I don't see any options to manually flash an update it unless I'm missing something. I'll look again.

ScarabEpic22
January 6th, 2012, 08:42 AM
That's what puzzles me. I'm referring to when I tried it via EFIlive explorer as well. It still says ok in the Firmware tab. I don't see any options to manually flash an update it unless I'm missing something. I'll look again.

Ok, plug your V2 in then open EFILive Explorer. Click the F12: Firmware tab then click Browse. Should by default pull up C:\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V8\Firmware [Windows 64 bit, 32 bit will be in C:\Program Files\EFILive\...]. Look for FSProgV2_07_22.efw and look at the date modified. For me it is 1/5/2012 12:01pm for RC8a. Select it, then click Open. Now click Program, should program it to your V2 then reboot it like normal. Click the Refresh button to check the date on the fw.

FUBAR
January 6th, 2012, 08:44 AM
Are these (which ones if so) that I need to manually "program?"

-Thanks

FUBAR
January 6th, 2012, 08:50 AM
OK, you beat me to it! Thanks man. The date did revise to Jan 6. I programmed the FSProg file, but should I do anything with the ACProg file in the same folder? And both of my ACBoot and FSBoot BootBlock files are dated 12/19/11 so that means I probably should do anything with since they were created before RC7 and RC8?

Thanks

ScarabEpic22
January 6th, 2012, 08:52 AM
I dont know if you need to update the bootblock, so in the 3rd pic click the FSBootV2_07_04.efw, click Open. Now make sure you check the BootBlock checkbox in the firmware tab! Program it in, then once your V2 is in deadpoll, click Browse again and select FSV2_07_22fw.efw on the 2nd pic you posted. Click Open, now uncheck the BootBlock checkbox! and click Program. Should be set.

FUBAR
January 6th, 2012, 09:02 AM
Thanks again man! Everything worked! Something I didn't know...one more EFI wrinkle to add to the 'ol noggin.

joecar
January 6th, 2012, 09:08 AM
If the versions are the same but the dates are newer, then program in the newer ones.

GMPX
January 6th, 2012, 10:24 AM
Thanks for your hard work guys!
No worries Nick, I know you are going to appreciate the Cummins VIN change directly in the tune tool, that's saved you about 20 mins work for AutoCal tunes.

FUBAR
January 6th, 2012, 11:21 AM
Fixed CMB checksum issue caused by "box tuners" not returning controllers to stock (please refer to new pdf guide for more info).

I could not find this in the help section in the TuneTool. I also looked in the "Documentation/Tutorials" section on the main web site as well. Not sure where else to look.

-Thanks

mstordahl
January 6th, 2012, 01:52 PM
I installed the release 7 at the end of December on mine, do I still have to uninstall both v7 and v8 to install this new update, or am I good with having done it for the last update?

Thanks!

GMPX
January 6th, 2012, 02:15 PM
I could not find this in the help section in the TuneTool. I also looked in the "Documentation/Tutorials" section on the main web site as well. Not sure where else to look.
Like I have to keep telling my kids, 'go have a better look', just joking :grin:.
If you open EFILive Scan and Tune (V8), then go to the menu item 'Help' >> 'Documents' , it's the first one listed.

I installed the release 7 at the end of December on mine, do I still have to uninstall both v7 and v8 to install this new update, or am I good with having done it for the last update?
If you have been installing the Release Candidates then you can just install over the top of what you have.

FUBAR
January 6th, 2012, 02:31 PM
Like I have to keep telling my kids, 'go have a better look', just joking :grin:.

Hardy..har..har..lol.:hihi:

:doh2:Guess I should've...I was too busy looking in V7.

chance cobb
January 6th, 2012, 05:36 PM
if a guy does this update does he or should have to redo the maps and ect. in his tune ?

L31Sleeper
January 6th, 2012, 06:44 PM
Hey Paul any chance of getting EFI Live for Android OS ?

Chevy366
January 6th, 2012, 06:50 PM

Android would have to be a application and I bet EFILive could not be made into one .
Been hoping for a Linux version , but nothing yet .

cumminsDK
January 6th, 2012, 07:21 PM
I still can't read previously Smarty™ tuned trucks.....should I be able to?

2007 5.9
January 6th, 2012, 07:39 PM
I am unable to apply the "Checksum Patch" to any of my tunes that have a checksum warning...if I click on the upgrade tab, nothing shows up.

dansdieselp
January 6th, 2012, 09:00 PM

Nope. You'll have to start from scratch with a bone stock tune.

icemanjc1
January 6th, 2012, 10:33 PM
I am unable to apply the "Checksum Patch" to any of my tunes that have a checksum warning...if I click on the upgrade tab, nothing shows up.

Same... :mad:

GMPX
January 7th, 2012, 12:26 AM

Same... :mad:

Try starting the V7 tune tool with the V2 plugged in to the USB port. I think the OS patches only show up when a V2 is detected.

If the ECM is blocked from being read (which Smarty might be doing now) then you are stuck, you'll have to return it to stock or get a dealer reflash to put it back to standard.
Don't feel too bad, on the GM computers if they are locked they can't even be flashed back to stock.

GMPX
January 7th, 2012, 12:30 AM

Android would have to be a application and I bet EFILive could not be made into one .
Been hoping for a Linux version , but nothing yet .
Pretty unlikely, if we were ever to develop outside of a Windows platform it would be for Linux or OSX, not a 'mobile' platform (no insult intended there either). But at this point just doing M$ is enough, I don't think Paul is too keen to learn how to program for OSX. We have some Apple cheerleaders amongst our staff, so it's not because we are anti Apple we won't do them, it's probably just too much work. I mean, do art students and film starts actually tune their own cars :tongue:

2007 5.9
January 7th, 2012, 04:03 AM
Try starting the V7 tune tool with the V2 plugged in to the USB port. I think the OS patches only show up when a V2 is detected.

Worked as designed...Thanks Ross.

The V2 DOES need to be plugged in before you open V7.5 Tune Tool.

davematthews
January 7th, 2012, 04:22 AM
The p0601 checksum error. Is that causing anything other than the dash light?

Also, when I did the upgrade, I had probably 6 tunes stored on my computer. All of them changed vin numbers?? I know this sounds weird, atleast it does to me. But I checked them all. And unless I've been driving around with the wrong vin? They changed with the update. Only thing I can figure out. I updated last night. Then tried a new deleted manual tune I got from a buddy. I went in to copy the vin off of one of my older tunes and noticed they were not right? I've never seen the vin # that they are showing.

L31Sleeper
January 7th, 2012, 08:11 AM
Pretty unlikely, if we were ever to develop outside of a Windows platform it would be for Linux or OSX, not a 'mobile' platform (no insult intended there either). But at this point just doing M$ is enough, I don't think Paul is too keen to learn how to program for OSX. We have some Apple cheerleaders amongst our staff, so it's not because we are anti Apple we won't do them, it's probably just too much work. I mean, do art students and film starts actually tune their own cars :tongue:

No insult taken, I just really want to tune on my cell phone. Jk

GMPX
January 7th, 2012, 10:05 AM
The p0601 checksum error. Is that causing anything other than the dash light?

Also, when I did the upgrade, I had probably 6 tunes stored on my computer. All of them changed vin numbers?? I know this sounds weird, atleast it does to me. But I checked them all. And unless I've been driving around with the wrong vin? They changed with the update. Only thing I can figure out. I updated last night. Then tried a new deleted manual tune I got from a buddy. I went in to copy the vin off of one of my older tunes and noticed they were not right? I've never seen the vin # that they are showing.

Dave, I know you've been dealing with Cindy over on some of the other Diesel forums, can you send her your tune that is setting the P0601. The two I've fixed so far have had the same issue the 5.9's did, so it's no big deal to get it sorted out for you.

davematthews
January 7th, 2012, 01:05 PM
Zach sent it to ya. And you already sent it back. Your fast, and I'm beyond impressed by the way. I still haven't gotten a chance to flash it on yet.

06redram
January 7th, 2012, 01:57 PM
I have not install the RC8 but did install the RC7 got checksum error with Rc7 ended up uninstalled 7. With the new update rc8 is there a fix for the checksum or do i still need to go to dealer to get my truck flash and also can we BBF with the V2 like i been doing with the August 24 release ?

davematthews
January 7th, 2012, 02:19 PM
It worked by the way. Thanks Ross.

GMPX
January 7th, 2012, 03:00 PM
I have not install the RC8 but did install the RC7 got checksum error with Rc7 ended up uninstalled 7. With the new update rc8 is there a fix for the checksum or do i still need to go to dealer to get my truck flash and also can we BBF with the V2 like i been doing with the August 24 release ?
The release notes for RC8 say "Fixed CMB checksum issue caused by "box tuners" not returning controllers to stock (please refer to new pdf guide for more info)."
You need to install RC8 then follow the PDF guide to correcting this issue.

06redram
January 7th, 2012, 03:05 PM
Yep I reading as i replying. Thanks will be able to BBF?

FUBAR
January 7th, 2012, 03:08 PM
Yes Thurmon. Read mine and Scarab's posts in this thread to update Bootblock and Firmware files manually. Then you'll have to format the config file system in your V2, then program all files (slower one.). Hope this helps.

06redram
January 7th, 2012, 03:17 PM
Thanks Andrew; your answers always help us that need it

ScarabEpic22
January 7th, 2012, 04:56 PM
I see you guys snuck in the new EFILive logo into the V7.5 splash screen...very sneaky! (Hope this or RC7 was the first time this happened, otherwise I obviously havent been paying attention!)

06redram
January 7th, 2012, 07:20 PM
The release notes for RC8 say "Fixed CMB checksum issue caused by "box tuners" not returning controllers to stock (please refer to new pdf guide for more info)."
You need to install RC8 then follow the PDF guide to correcting this issue.

Checksum fix does not work on my truck with the new RC8.

I have followed everything that in the PDF on how to resulve checksum error p0602 no luck on the fix. Is there something that is missing in the PDF file

06redram
January 7th, 2012, 08:16 PM
Checksum fix does not work on my truck with the new RC8.

I have followed everything that in the PDF on how to resulve checksum error p0602 no luck on the fix. Is there something that is missing in the PDF file

Got it working i reedited the tune and fellowed the PDF checksum steps reinstalled using BBF STANDALONE it working w/no check engine light on the dash. Great job EFI Live Team

ecc_33
January 16th, 2012, 01:09 PM
I tried tuning a 6.7 today that was a 08. I have the latest version downloaded (I think) Auto scan worked but it took 30 minutes to read the stock tune and im sure thats not right cause i read somewere that they sped that up a bunch. I couldn't license or tune the truck so im guessing something i did with software isn't right. Any help would be greatly appriciated thanks, Eric

GMPX
January 16th, 2012, 03:12 PM
Eric, we have been playing around a bit with the 6.7L read times, on first release it was just on 30 minutes, but it was stable. Since then we've sped things up with one release down to about 18 minutes, again there didn't seem to be any issues with stability. The current RC8 release should read one in about 11 minutes, but this is pushing the ECM to it's limits as far as how fast the Dodge read routines will allow us to get the file. I don't think there has been any reports of failures which is a good sign. Quite often what works on a test bench doesn't play as nice in the vehicle.
Anyway, the release this thread is for is indeed the latest, if this is what you are running then perhaps you didn't update the V2's firmware as well, that must be done as it has a necessary update for the faster read times.

ecc_33
January 17th, 2012, 02:13 PM
It did need updated. it autp updated to this but i still don't think its the latest version and it won't let me type it in manually. The bootblock is 2.07.02 and the firmware is 2.07.12 Now on a different screen looking at the same stuff it says bootblock is 2.07.03 and firmware is 2.07.22? Im not computer stuipid but somethings kinda stump me lol. Thanks for being patient with me. Ok, I refreshed the first page i read the old version from. Now it is stating the new boot/firmware. As i stated above.

FUBAR
January 17th, 2012, 03:36 PM
BootBlock needs to be DEC 12th or 13th, and Firmware Jan 6th. DO NOT AUTO UPDATE till further notice from EFILive!!! Note: when downloading this RC8, you will need to manually program BootBlock and Firmware files to FlashScan as well as Format Config file system and program all files for the controller you want to BBL or BBF. See previous posts in this thread for more info.

2006Cummins
January 18th, 2012, 06:00 AM
Where do I find the January bootblock? I've got the January firmware, but the bootblock is from Dec 12th. Didn't see it in my bootblock folder. Also, I'm not sure what you mean by
as well as Format Config file system and program all files for the controller you want to BBL or BBF.. I see the format button under the config files tab - there is no info in there now. What files do I need to program in there?

Mike

FUBAR
January 18th, 2012, 08:17 AM
You're right. My mistake. DECEMBER 12th.

And what I mean by Format Config Files is to Format Config in V8 and select CMB849 (for example if you want to flash with just the V2 without the laptop) and program all files slower.

ecc_33
January 18th, 2012, 01:27 PM
BootBlock needs to be DEC 12th or 13th, and Firmware Jan 6th. DO NOT AUTO UPDATE till further notice from EFILive!!!. Oh damn. That sucks lol. Alittle to late for that

ScarabEpic22
January 18th, 2012, 02:58 PM
Oh damn. That sucks lol. Alittle to late for that

Looks like you're uninstalling everything and reinstalling the latest software from this thread then...sorry man but if you dont you will have weird problems and it will frustrate the heck out of you.

2006Cummins
January 18th, 2012, 07:17 PM
And what I mean by Format Config Files is to Format Config in V8 and select CMB849 (for example if you want to flash with just the V2 without the laptop) and program all files slower.

Thanks. I think I've got it.

Dmaxink
January 19th, 2012, 05:50 PM
Ok, I'm having a little issue with my customers getting their autocals and it not working on the truck. I load the tunes using this release and firmware ect..and it just will not flash the truck. My scripts are from a previous release...do i need to rewrite the tunes?

Thanks,
Kory

AFTERMATH DIESEL
January 20th, 2012, 07:19 AM
Kory I had the same issue a few weeks ago, I Just rewrote the tunes so far so good. I since then have not used a script so I cant confirm or deny that was for sure the issue. Im pretty sure but its been crazy around here. Ill look back through my notes and see if I can refresh my memory.

flat_lander
January 20th, 2012, 07:25 PM
You're right. My mistake. DECEMBER 12th.

I see where to Format Data of the internal memory of the V2, but I'm not sure where to select CMB849 to load to the newly formatted space.

Ira
January 20th, 2012, 09:30 PM
I see where to Format Data of the internal memory of the V2, but I'm not sure where to select CMB849 to load to the newly formatted space.

They are not perfect, but the Autocal instructions here (http://www.fishtuning.com/AutoCalInstruct) may help. The same procedure is used to set up a V2 as an Autocal, so just ignore the fact that it talks about an Autocal.

Ira

swingtan
February 5th, 2012, 03:34 PM
Has any one had issues with serial WB data with this RC?

I upgraded last Friday and now can't display the serial WB data in Scantool. I know the PID's are selected ( it automatically selects all serial data PID's ) and the config is correct for my WB ( Techedge 2.0 ). Yes, I formatted the config filesystem after the firmware upgrade and everything else seems to be working OK. I have valid data for both EQ and Lambda, just nothing coming up for AFR. The live display on the V2 also has no AFR data, but it does show valid EQ ratio data.

Any idea's on this one ?

Simon.

Blacky
February 5th, 2012, 03:40 PM
Has any one had issues with serial WB data with this RC?

I upgraded last Friday and now can't display the serial WB data in Scantool. I know the PID's are selected ( it automatically selects all serial data PID's ) and the config is correct for my WB ( Techedge 2.0 ). Yes, I formatted the config filesystem after the firmware upgrade and everything else seems to be working OK. I have valid data for both EQ and Lambda, just nothing coming up for AFR. The live display on the V2 also has no AFR data, but it does show valid EQ ratio data.

Any idea's on this one ?

Simon.

After your post, I ran some tests with our test harness and it looks like the two Tech Edge WO2 settings are not working properly in FlashScan.
Investigating now...

Regards
Paul

swingtan
February 5th, 2012, 04:00 PM
Thanks Paul, I've made a Calc PID to generate AFR from Lambda, so it's not a huge issue ATM ( providing the data is accurate, which it seems to be ).

Blacky
February 5th, 2012, 04:03 PM
Actually I've just figured out it was the test harness that was wrong. I've corrected the test harness and the FlashScan firmware is working properly and showing AFR correctly.

If you've got time, can you connect up the Tech Edge and display the Wo2 data on FlashScan's screen. Let it display for 5-10 seconds, then save a trace file and send me the trace file?
That way I can see exactly what if any, serial data is coming from the Tech Edge.
Also let me know what you expected to see on the FlashScan screen (i.e. what AFR/Lambda) and what you actually saw on the screen.

Regards
Paul

swingtan
February 5th, 2012, 04:28 PM
Interesting.....

I get EQ and Lambda data, just no AFR. I did the display test before posting to confirm something was there ( V2 configured to display AFR and EQ Ratio ). The AFR data remained at "0" while the EQ changed value. If I pull apart a log file, I see the following.....

EXT.WO2ST1=42
EXT.WO2LAM1=44
EXT.WO2AFR1=46
EXT.WO2EQR1=48
EXT.WO2ST2=50
EXT.WO2LAM2=52
EXT.WO2AFR2=54
EXT.WO2EQR2=56

and if I look at a few frames....

00 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66

37 35 e4 21 52 03 86 51 88 75 71 87 88 00 8c 00 8e 80 00 00 00 11 0e 08 45 01 f9 05 39 1b 94 af 0e 42 fb 73 55 02 f5 35 fc 89 00 01 03 f1 00 00 03 df 00 00 06 a5 09 c4 02 4b 00 00 00 00 89 10 81 01
37 35 e4 21 52 03 86 51 88 75 71 87 88 00 89 00 8b 80 00 00 00 11 02 08 33 01 f7 05 41 1b 9b b6 0c 42 fb 73 55 02 f5 36 2e 8a 00 01 03 f1 00 00 03 df 00 00 06 a5 09 c4 02 4b 00 00 00 00 ae 10 81 01
37 35 e4 21 52 03 86 51 8d 75 71 87 88 00 8a 00 8c 80 00 00 00 11 0e 08 45 01 f7 05 37 1b 8e b8 16 42 fb 73 56 02 f5 36 15 8a 00 01 03 e2 00 00 03 ee 00 00 06 a5 09 c4 02 4b 00 00 00 00 d4 10 81 01
37 35 e4 21 52 03 86 51 8d 75 71 87 88 00 8d 00 8e 80 00 00 00 11 15 08 50 01 f5 05 36 1b 83 bb 12 42 fb 73 56 02 f5 36 15 89 00 01 03 e2 00 00 03 ee 00 00 06 a5 09 c4 02 4b 00 00 00 00 f9 10 81 01
37 35 e4 21 52 03 86 51 8d 75 71 87 89 00 8c 00 90 80 00 00 00 11 02 08 33 01 f7 05 32 1b 92 bb 18 42 fb 73 56 02 f5 36 47 8a 00 01 03 e2 00 00 03 ee 00 00 06 a5 09 c4 02 4b 00 00 00 00 1f 11 81 01
37 35 e4 21 52 03 86 51 8d 75 71 87 89 00 8c 00 8f 80 00 00 00 11 15 08 50 01 f9 05 41 1b 94 bd 21 42 fb 73 53 02 f5 36 15 8a 00 01 03 de 00 00 03 f2 00 00 06 a5 09 c4 02 4b 00 00 00 00 45 11 81 01

I'll go get a trace for you though.

Simon

swingtan
February 5th, 2012, 04:48 PM
here you go.....

And an image of the TE display with the V2 display....

Simon.

Blacky
February 5th, 2012, 05:46 PM
Ahh, now I see the screen shot I can see what the problem is.
One of the updates that went through recently was to allow you to specify the stoichiometry for the fuel that is in use.
Yours is probably set at zero which means the conversion from lambda (or EQR) to AFR is failing.

Go into settings on the V2 device and set stoich to the value you need/want it at.
Or change it in the Device settings of the V8 software.
It is supposed to default to 14.7 if the user does not set it - I'll need to figure out why its not doing that.

here you go.....

And an image of the TE display with the V2 display....

Simon.

swingtan
February 5th, 2012, 05:56 PM
Ahh, that sounds like what's happening. I was really confused that I was getting EQ and Lambda but not AFR. I'll give it a test and report back, thanks again.

Simon

swingtan
February 5th, 2012, 07:07 PM
That was it! I must have cleared it by accident when reapplying all the settings.

Simon.

Blacky
February 6th, 2012, 09:25 AM
That was it! I must have cleared it by accident when reapplying all the settings.

Simon.

No it wasn't something you did. The config value will always be zero until you explicitly go in and set it for the first time.
The firmware was meant to cater for that by checking for zero and defaulting to 14.7
The default was not being handled correctly for some WO2 controllers.

Basically each controller type has a separate function that computes the lambda value from the raw serial data and also converts it to AFR.
The code was reading the config value and initializing it to 14.7 if it was zero.
However in some of the routines the stoich value was being re-read from the original config value (and getting set back to zero) instead of using the default that had already been set to 14.7.

Regards
Paul

swingtan
February 6th, 2012, 10:32 AM
Ahh, OK then. All fixed now though, I wish I got service like this from the vendors at work! It took us 2 months to get a patch for an application that was leaking 5MB of memory per hour.

Simon.

ScarabEpic22
February 6th, 2012, 10:45 AM
Ugh, that doesn't seem like that bad of a memory leak...but after a few days it turns into a LOT!

Glad you got this figured out guys, I was confused when I read it yesterday, but with my Innovate LC1 the controller handles the stoich programming.

Blacky
February 6th, 2012, 04:55 PM
Glad you got this figured out guys, I was confused when I read it yesterday, but with my Innovate LC1 the controller handles the stoich programming.

Correct, I should have added that the stoich setting is not available in FlashScan for Innovate (and only Innovate) because Innovate already support a stoich setting in their wide band controllers - so FlashScan uses that setting.
Regards
Paul

ScarabEpic22
February 6th, 2012, 07:46 PM
Correct, I should have added that the stoich setting is not available in FlashScan for Innovate (and only Innovate) because Innovate already support a stoich setting in their wide band controllers - so FlashScan uses that setting.
Regards
Paul

Its in there when you select Innovate! I completely ignored it because there wasnt an option, honestly I had no idea this was implemented until Simon mentioned it because I only have 1 WB.

Blacky
February 6th, 2012, 08:47 PM
Its in there when you select Innovate! I completely ignored it because there wasnt an option, honestly I had no idea this was implemented until Simon mentioned it because I only have 1 WB.
Sorry, yes you're correct, it is in the Edit Settings option on board FlashScan even if Innovate is selected (however it is ignored when computing AFR when Innovate is selected).
It is not available in the V8 software Device Settings option when you have Innovate selected.

Regards
Paul

cumminsDK
February 7th, 2012, 06:53 PM
Cummins 5.9 "timing coolant temp multiplier" ECT axis points and first column values change after closing and opening with tune tool

Blacky
February 8th, 2012, 10:27 PM
Cummins 5.9 "timing coolant temp multiplier" ECT axis points and first column values change after closing and opening with tune tool

Do you mean they change by a very small amount? That will be because of the rounding errors when data is converted between integer storage in the ECM and floating point values for display on the screen.
Regards
Paul

Harrismarine
February 10th, 2012, 12:38 PM
For some reason I cannot retrieve the Log file from V2 or autocal EE shows no file?? . I see I should up date the Script files... how do i do that??

cumminsDK
February 12th, 2012, 02:20 PM
Do you mean they change by a very small amount? That will be because of the rounding errors when data is converted between integer storage in the ECM and floating point values for display on the screen.
Regards
Paul
No I mean drastic change I set axis values top to bottom as follows -20 -10 0 10 20 and so on it might stay our it might change to and this is what happens most of the time, 64 at top decreasing to zero then back up to 64 at the bottom, and first column I set top 4 cells to 1.00 and they change to .2 up to .8 I think

joecar
February 12th, 2012, 05:07 PM
For some reason I cannot retrieve the Log file from V2 or autocal EE shows no file?? . I see I should up date the Script files... how do i do that??Which V8 build version...?

Did you terminate logging by pressing the On/Off button on V2/AC...?

In EE, on the Scan tab what do you see...?

Blacky
February 12th, 2012, 05:26 PM
Which V8 build version...?

HiJoe,

I'm pretty sure that issue got sorted. Just needed to select the [Scan] folder to see the log files in EFILive Explorer.
Regards
Paul

joecar
February 13th, 2012, 07:29 AM
Ah, ok, thanks (I was wondering if he saw the Scan folder).

Harrismarine
February 14th, 2012, 07:50 AM
Which V8 build version...?

Thanks for the reply joecar, it was me not clicking on the scan tab in EE. Paul sorted it real quick

comnrailpwr
March 4th, 2012, 02:39 AM
Any news when this RC will be commercially available with the ability to disable egr, dpf and all emissions systems? Thanks.