PDA

View Full Version : 2012 vette grand sport shifting problems after reflash

ditosmotors
January 6th, 2012, 10:04 AM
To start off im new to efi live. Just finished tuning this 2012 vette grand sport. Only mod is a kn intake. After the reflash I noticed that when left in drive is will initially upshift but when you stab the throttle is will not down shift. Also when you come to a stop and accerlate again it will take off in what feels like 3rd gear. You can however shift it with the paddle shifter. when flashed back to stock it shifts perfectly normal. I only tuned the engine and never touched the tcm.

ditosmotors
January 7th, 2012, 05:21 AM
I had to put it back to the stock tune so it would shift properly but there are now some other wierd problems. The interior lights stay on after you shut the vehicle off. Also the green light on the ignition button stays on with the vehicle off and is off with the vehicle running. Lastly you can hear what sounds like some kind of small fan running in the dash with the vehicle off.

got this fixed, the button on the dash was pushed at some point keeping the lights on and I guess that fan in the dash is some kind of ionic air purifier that turns off after about a minute.

ditosmotors
January 10th, 2012, 03:58 PM
So does anyone out there have an answer as to why this thing doesnt shift right after a reflash?

GMPX
January 10th, 2012, 07:50 PM
I would assume the tuning changes have thrown the torque calculations out, this will cause the TCM to alter things.
Did the other problems go away (interior lights etc)?

ditosmotors
January 11th, 2012, 04:27 AM
Yeah the other problems went away. Either me or the customer hit a button on the dash turning on the interior lights. Right now the only problem is the transmission one. I dont know if the 2 tunes I posted up are readable but if you or anyone sees anything in there that should be altered please let me know. Ive tuned many other GM's with much more extensive mods and never ran into this problem before. I recently tuned a 2012 CTSV with no problems using EFI live. We put on a pulley and an intake in that situation and it turned out great.

Naf
January 17th, 2012, 08:11 PM
Try downloadin the tcm and lookin at its parameters. See what is causin your problem. Maybe cause it feels more power in the engine it is leavin it in a higher gear.

ditosmotors
February 3rd, 2012, 11:36 AM
well I finally figured out the problem. Under Engine Operation, torque control, TCS maximum engine torque I had changed this from 650 to 8192. When I changed this back to 650 the transmission shifted normal again. I thought this was some sort of limiter so I thought it wouldnt hurt to raise it to the maximum. Aparently changing it causes it to not shift properly. It would not down shift and seem to go into so kind of limp mode for the transmission. I downloaded the file for the tcm but I guess its currenlty not supported so I need to email that file in. Otherwise in the end everything turned out great, It just took longer then expected.