PDA

View Full Version : opperating system

crash85
January 7th, 2012, 04:32 PM
Ive change head gaskets and after the work i went to retune the truck and it has a diffrent os what happened? or how could i fix it

Brian1
January 8th, 2012, 10:23 AM
I might help to post more info like what version it is now and what you thought it was before hand? also info like LBZ or LMM

Brian

crash85
January 8th, 2012, 01:56 PM
ive got the same version i had 4 weeks ago and the os changed from 6698 to a 6128 and its an lbz

Brian1
January 10th, 2012, 12:44 PM
I can't see the ECM OS version changing without flashing.
Is the only tunes you have a certain OS?

Brian

crash85
January 10th, 2012, 02:38 PM
no i got a few tunes with diffrent os for a few trucks that ive tuned but none of them has been even touched when tuning my 06 it dont make sence to me but some how it changed

crash85
January 10th, 2012, 02:41 PM
is there any way i can change it back so i dont have to redo all my tunes

Brian1
January 13th, 2012, 11:24 AM
Not sure what you are after. But if its a single tune and not a DSP type tune then you can pull the tune from the ECM. Get a stock tune of that same OS. Create a script from it. Then get a stock tune of the OS you want and the run the script over that tune and full flash it to your truck.

Brian

crash85
January 13th, 2012, 02:41 PM
ive done tuned the truck a couple of times I know how to do the scripts i just dont understand how the os changed with out reflashing i loaded a tow tune in (6698) and went to reload my street tune back in it and it said it wouldnt load because of the os wasnt the same it was saying i had an os 6128 but i just pulled the tune out 2 days before and didnt change anything just had to tow a load of cars so i put my tow tune in. so i dont know what happened?

Brian1
January 14th, 2012, 09:08 AM
So full reflash the tow tune in. Then read it back out and see if it is the same. If it is then no idea. I don't see how unless EFILive has some of the Calibration files *.calz files messed up during all their updating over time. If you have done several software updates over the years it may be time to full uninstall both pieces of software and reinstall the latest. Sometimes things can get skipped in updates if one misses a few. Be sure you have all your tunes backed up. one should at least have all tunes on other storage media at least double backups.

Brian

crash85
January 14th, 2012, 12:28 PM
I didnt know if it was something i did or what