PDA

View Full Version : wrong info in maps and dash

triton
January 9th, 2012, 01:24 AM
I'm having a little trouble with incorrect values showing up in my maps when running logs. I've been working with Rich on this and he helped with what he could.

I've replaced all the cal. files which works to see the correct values in the tables but, not the other stuff.

I completely removed everything and reinstalled it, I made all new maps, verified PIDs for the map. If I run a log though, I get some strange values.

Likely, it's something simple but, I've not been able to figure it out.

edit: FYI, my timing readings are 20* too high in maps and logs. They're not in the tables though.

FUBAR
January 9th, 2012, 01:56 AM
So, to make this simple, let's look at one specific situation. What you're saying is for example, looking at a WOT run, say your fuel pressure table, what looks like you're suppose to be getting 165mpa, you're getting a strange number like 50mpa or something?? And going by what you stated about timing, if you're data in the log shows 30* corresponding with what you're calling in the tune, you're getting 50* (30+20) in your maps and dash? Am I reading your mail right?

triton
January 9th, 2012, 02:04 AM
How bout' I show you..... I'm looking at main timing. When I run a log this is what I get. I have all the right pids running during the log and the correct ones for the map. Rich ran the same log on his computer and got the correct values ??

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff165/tritont/Pictures/Untitled.jpg

FUBAR
January 9th, 2012, 02:05 AM
Try doing this...select the "x" average cell values..

FUBAR
January 9th, 2012, 02:07 AM
Also make sure your PID's in the PID tab (F8) "Default" column are in the same units as your map is setup..(Imperial or Metric units)

triton
January 9th, 2012, 02:29 AM
the X tab makes it much worse. Scan and pids are set to imperial and the tune has cmd fuel at default units ( no setting for imperial ) and injector flow to lbs/min

FUBAR
January 9th, 2012, 03:06 AM
I thought for sure it would've been where you didn't have the X tab selected. Hopefully somebody else will chime in. I know it's frustrating. It's more than likely something super simple, but it's hard to convey what the problem is when there's 50something variables that could be the case, and it's usually always ONE that I always seems to miss the boat on!!!

triton
January 9th, 2012, 03:22 AM
man you aren't kidding. I triple checked the things you mentioned and everything else I could find. I'm sitting in the truck right now doing a log at idle. I'm running 19* of timing lol !

edit : and 13psi of boost !

DoghouseDiesel
January 9th, 2012, 03:51 AM
I went through the map and PID's also, and everything looks correct.

I used his log, his PID's and his map and everything came out normal.

triton
January 9th, 2012, 11:52 AM
bump..... anybody have any ideas ?

2007 5.9
January 9th, 2012, 12:20 PM
How bout' I show you..... I'm looking at main timing. When I run a log this is what I get. I have all the right pids running during the log and the correct ones for the map. Rich ran the same log on his computer and got the correct values ??

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff165/tritont/Pictures/Untitled.jpg

Call me crazy...but it almost looks like the timing calculator % is what your getting....

triton
January 9th, 2012, 12:34 PM
That one's really not that bad..... I didn't have the average cell values checked. This is a recent one sitting at idle after uninstalling everything and starting from scratch again today.... new maps, pids dahsboards

You know how values were showing 20* too high in the software and with different calz. files it was fixed ? It seems it that fixed it in the tables but, not in the logging or maps.... for me anyway. My timing shows wrong in the dashboard and map.

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff165/tritont/Pictures/idlelog.jpg

2007 5.9
January 9th, 2012, 12:40 PM
That is really strange Ty...my values are correct in both logging and maps...and I am running the newest RC8.

joecar
January 9th, 2012, 12:46 PM
Hi triton,

Can you please do this: in your map properties, on each of the Data, Row, Column tabs, check-mark the Show Units box, and repost images of your maps.

Also do this: make sure scantool pid units are identical to tunetool table axis units... if not, then change the units (Metric or Imperial) in the scantool (PIDs tab) or tunetool (Edit->Configure Display Units) to make them identical between the scantool and tunetool.

triton
January 9th, 2012, 12:49 PM
yeah, I'm totally sick of dealing with it. It's not the end of the world, the software does work. Getting my timing logged correctly though is going to help me narrow my rattle down a bit more so, it would be nice if that part was working.

2007 5.9
January 9th, 2012, 12:53 PM
Here is a pic of a log I did last year with a MAP I just made...its a log of startup and idle timing....

Id say you got some weird demons in your SW...maybe its Marco...haunting your truck...:bangin:

2007 5.9
January 9th, 2012, 12:53 PM
Maybe send the log to me, and Ill see if the numbers jive on my computer...

triton
January 9th, 2012, 12:54 PM
Hi triton,

Can you please do this: in your map properties, on each of the Data, Row, Column tabs, check-mark the Show Units box, and repost images of your maps.

Also do this: make sure scantool pid units are identical to tunetool table axis units... if not, then change the units (Metric or Imperial) in the scantool (PIDs tab) or tunetool (Edit->Configure Display Units) to make them identical between the scantool and tunetool.

Here you go. I did verify the units.... several times. I'll do it again but, I know I've changed it all to imperial

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff165/tritont/Pictures/idlelog-1.jpg

triton
January 9th, 2012, 01:15 PM
In the Tune properties. The default setting for commanded fuel is lambda. Should this be set to ( default units ) to read imperial ? I saw this before and changed it but, it didn't help.

2007 5.9
January 9th, 2012, 01:20 PM
Ty here are your logs..both with my maps and labels and your map with your labels...

It all looks good from my end...

Are you POSITIVE your running RC8 from the Software page on this forum???

triton
January 9th, 2012, 01:24 PM
Thanks Les. I just don't get it. I've reinstalled the software, downloaded all the updates, verified I'm on all Imperial.... it's goes on and on. Obviously there's something screwed up in my installation or setting. This isn't my first rodeo but, you'd never know it !

2007 5.9
January 9th, 2012, 01:27 PM
Ah...are you "checking for updates" from the Start menu??

triton
January 9th, 2012, 01:32 PM
Ah...are you "checking for updates" from the Start menu??

ye.....ssss ?

joecar
January 9th, 2012, 01:55 PM
That's a no-no... download the the V7 and V8 exe files and manually install.

Current build is 191 and 181 respectively.

2007 5.9
January 9th, 2012, 01:55 PM
Thats a "No No"...delete it all again..and redownload it but DONT check for updates.

2007 5.9
January 9th, 2012, 01:56 PM
DAMN Joecar....3 seconds to late...lol

triton
January 9th, 2012, 02:02 PM
You guys are definitely on the same wave length lol !

Ok, I didn't know this. Working on the reinstall now. Thanks for your put guys.

triton
January 9th, 2012, 02:29 PM
Ok, that fixed it. whewww, what a pain in the....this has been. Thanks for your help. I guess I missed the memo on not downloading updates from the start button.

FUBAR
January 9th, 2012, 02:31 PM
Joecar was faster...just saying....

Glad you got it all sorted out Ty. It's something always simple huh?

2007 5.9
January 9th, 2012, 03:27 PM
Glad that is all it was Ty...now go out and figure that rattle out.

AdamRRT
January 9th, 2012, 03:35 PM
Glad to hear it, Ty. Glad to see you here. I wasn't sure if you'd ever change to EFILive, but I'm interested to see how much improvement you see in that beast. Glad to have you here buddy.