PDA

View Full Version : Unable to get into systems with V2

Mayhem
January 9th, 2012, 08:37 AM
Hi, Im' posting for a friend who just fitted an LS2 with E68 ECU into a Wrangler. He just got V2 and cannot get into the systems to adjust fan on/off temps, actualy unable to get into systems at all:bad:. Dose anyone have any idead why?

Dennis

GMPX
January 9th, 2012, 10:46 AM
Dennis, E68 doesn't exist. Maybe an E40?
When you say he can't get in, do you mean he can't read the tune out or can't communicate with the ECM at all?

Mayhem
January 9th, 2012, 07:12 PM
Hi GMPX, thanks for your reply. The ECU is a E67 not E68. This is a GM performance ECU.
He can open the engine calibration,engine diagnostic etc. but not the systems file where the security, fan etc. controls are.

Dennis

GMPX
January 9th, 2012, 11:02 PM
ok, that makes a little more sense.
The GMPP ECM is a unique application, there is no security for starters, I'm not even sure how the fans are done on them, is it controlled by the ECM?

Mayhem
January 9th, 2012, 11:32 PM
The fans are controled by the ECU and come on to late. He is probably going to have to opperate them externaly to get them to come on sooner ?

GMPX
January 10th, 2012, 12:53 AM
It might be like the normal production E67's where we rescaled the fan operating temp table so you could lower the turn on temp below 89degC. Before he adds an external controller let me check it out. So you know if the fans are just simple relays (low & high speed), or PWM variable speed fans?

Mayhem
January 10th, 2012, 01:22 AM
There is only one fan connected (no space for 2) and connected via a relay only on and off not 2 speed.

Thanks for your help
Dennis

GMPX
January 10th, 2012, 01:31 AM
Is the OS in the ECM 19211212?
Looks like they are set to turn on around 99 degC, does that sound about right?

GMPX
January 10th, 2012, 01:57 AM
Dennis, here's something for you guys to try.
Attached to this post is a revised .calz file, this defines what maps you can see in the tune, I've added the fan table in there for E67 OS 19211212 (which I assume is what the GMPP ECM is using), please let me know if it's something else.
Anyway, download the zip and extract the 19211212.calz file in to the folder:

Program Files\EFILive\V7.5\Calibrations\E67

Once done, re-open the tune (no need to re-read the ECM, just load the file off the PC) and you should see the Fan table in the system segment.

Cheers,
Ross

Mayhem
January 10th, 2012, 07:31 PM
Thanks for your help, we realy appresiate the help. The OS is correct so will try to load it later and will keep you posted.

Regards
Dennis

Taz
January 11th, 2012, 01:45 AM
Hello Ross,

Nicely done ! That *.calz file added e-Fan temp control (and range patch) and Tach pulse control.

Thanks again ... that was fast.

Cheers,
Taz

Mayhem
January 12th, 2012, 12:07 AM
Hey Ross
Loaded the files last night and all is well, can now get into systems file and change fan on/off temps.

Thanks again for your help

Regards
Dennis

ScarabEpic22
January 12th, 2012, 01:27 PM
This should be a big help for conversions, one of the first things everyone wants to do is setup the speedo/tach pulses and fan temp.