PDA

View Full Version : Used V2 - purchase

flat_lander
January 11th, 2012, 11:21 AM
Ok, my new purchase may have fallen through, so I found a used one for sale without any VIN licenses. Is there anything I will need besides buying the VIN license? I just don't want to spend a bunch of money and then realize I screwed up.

AFTERMATH DIESEL
January 11th, 2012, 11:31 AM
If it has the cummins tuning you will only need vin licenses
If it has the gm tuning software then you will need to purchase the cummins upgrade for your v2(which will include two vin licenses)

THEFERMANATOR
January 11th, 2012, 11:56 AM
Also is it a blue or black V2? If it's a black one it will not be able to do the 03-05 trucks when they become available as they don't have teh internal hardware to flash them. Only the blue V2's will have that ability.

flat_lander
January 11th, 2012, 12:58 PM
That's good to know. The used one I am looking at I think is blue, but they are double checking. If you buy a new one, how do you know what color you will be getting? Are the new ones all black now? Looking at online sellers, most of them appear to be black.

AFTERMATH DIESEL
January 11th, 2012, 01:09 PM
All of the new V2 will be blue.
A black V2 would be fine as long as you plan on tuning only 06 and up cummins.

flat_lander
January 11th, 2012, 02:02 PM
Thanks. If they don't already have a cummins tune license for the used one, I may push harder on my new purchase.

AFTERMATH DIESEL
January 11th, 2012, 02:34 PM
No problem. I know most of the tuners including myself offer a free tune to help get you going when buy a new V2