PDA

View Full Version : FlashScan V2 will not comm with PCM

edcmat-l1
January 12th, 2012, 11:55 AM
OK, I have 12v to the interface, because plugged into the ALDL, the screen lights up. This is without it being plugged into the USB. When I have it plugged into the USB, and I disconnect and reconnect to the ALDL, I get the "da-dink!" tone. But, when I try to read or write, no go. The lights flash on the interface, and it goes through the motions, but I get the "getting status" countdown to 10, and then STATUS:UNKNOWN and then a dialog box that says "connection to PCM has been lost".

I can flash it with my TECH2. I can read and write to it with my other softwares.

Is there any self diagnostics I can do? Any way to check the interface, and verify it's just the cable?

TIA.

joecar
January 12th, 2012, 12:27 PM
Hi Ed,

I pm'd Tech Support.

I take it you're attempting to read/write from the V2 keypad/LCD.

In the meantime:
- what V2 firmware is installed...?
- which PCM(s)...?

Thanks.

edcmat-l1
January 12th, 2012, 12:31 PM
Hey Joe, I'm trying to flash from the laptop.

Version 7.5.7 (Build 178)

It's a 411 PCM on the bench. This is the first time in a few months I'm using my EFIlive, and last time it worked fine, now it won't. :shrug:

joecar
January 12th, 2012, 12:38 PM
Hi Ed,

Can you copy the text box and paste it here...

edcmat-l1
January 12th, 2012, 12:40 PM
Talked to Ira. Gonna do an update and try again. I'll let you know in just a few minutes.

edcmat-l1
January 14th, 2012, 09:33 AM
Quick shoutout to Ira. He sent me a new cable, and new ethernet socket for the interface. Cable didn't fix it, but I replaced the ethernet socket, and all is good!!

Thanks again Ira!!

joecar
January 14th, 2012, 11:47 AM
Cool :cheers: