PDA

View Full Version : 07-09 6.7L Feature Request List

cindy@efilive
January 12th, 2012, 04:13 PM
UPDATED Jan 24, 2011

This is the official place to request features for the EFILive Cummins tuning.
As requests are posted this list will be grouped by status.

In progress

MIL / DTC disable list, GM style (including electric fans if possible)
Enhanced VGT functions

Soon to move into development:

Transmission tuning.
CSP – Cummins Switchable Tuning. Use an EFILive Custom OS to switch tunes on the fly. (Method of implementation - Serial/Hardwire will depend on development)

Noted, no firm time frame:

Transmission tuning.
Custom Scaling of Fuel Level Gauge- read and displays accurate fuel tank levels.
MAF Logging - if ECM reports it, it will be added.
Injector Trim codes

Features Dependent on V8 Scan Tool Development

DVT controls (V8 Scan Tool feature)
BBL
Option enables; high idle, fog lights, wheel size. All non ECM functions; will be investigated for complexity when V8 infrastructure is finalised.

Features Not possible/Not considered at this point

Defuel using factory EGT inputs - if not already a factory option, very hard to add.
Individual PID selection - GM style - Cummins ECM limitation requires PID Group selections only.

Needs further investigation:

Standalone Alternator - need to investigate if it is possible.
EBV (Exhaust Bypass Valve, 'EGR Hot Side Servo' control versus engine speed & EMP (Exhaust Manifold Pressure) - requires further explanation
Enable separate tables for TPS 0% and TPS>0% - please explain the intent of this request.
CCV filter/sensor - more info needed.
Re-writing the ECM with a Custom OS to do things the ECM was not designed for. It is possible, but requires MAJOR work. Need to determine if the effort is worth the time/reward.

Implemented, or scheduled for next release

P0601 - Checksum calculation routine - issue caused by "box tuners" not returning controllers to stock - completed awaiting next release
Functionality for racing applications - development functionality completed, awaiting 'customer friendly' software implementation for Beta testing.
RPM/Fueling parameters

Cheers
Cindy

WyoFreeride
January 12th, 2012, 04:44 PM
Here's a start

Defuel using the factory EGT inputs (relocated to manifold or left post turbo)
Serial CSP switching like a Duramax (using edge CTS or something like that)
Special feature enables (like high idle, Fog with High beams, etc)
DPF and EGR delete abilities (if that's not covered already in racing applications)

GMPX
January 12th, 2012, 05:26 PM
Tune switching was mentioned in Cindy's post.
The title says: 07-09 6.7L Feature Request List. For those considering posting idea's in this thread, please, for 07-09 only, the 2010+ computer is vastly different, lets not mention it again.

WyoFreeride
January 12th, 2012, 06:05 PM
Tune switching was mentioned in Cindy's post.
The title says: 07-09 6.7L Feature Request List. For those considering posting idea's in this thread, please, for 07-09 only, the 2010+ computer is vastly different, lets not mention it again.

Post edited and mention removed.

Sorry, didn't intend to request anything that you weren't focused on yet, wanted those for the 07-09.

Do you plan to have a serial switching method for the csp tunes already, when released of course?

Sent from my hacked Kindle using Tapatalk

davematthews
January 12th, 2012, 06:06 PM
Don't suppose there would be anyway to alter a not needed signal, something constant. So for example, the grid heater. Instead of firing the grid heater at a certain interval, one could wire up a NOS solenoid in its place and map it into the tables. just using the grid heater as an example. I'm not sure what you could use, it would need to be something that most of us take off or don't use (post injection? if there's a seperate source you could interupt from the ecm) Anyway. it could be used for more than that. Water/meth injection, etc. Just some sort of out source from the ecm that could be mapped into the tuning, i guess you could trigger it off one of the alt maps. You said no matter how wild. LOL

GMPX
January 12th, 2012, 10:12 PM
You said no matter how wild. LOL
Yes Cindy did, but I can see this is going to end up more like a kid in a candy shop with $50 to spend.....I want one of those, two of them, can you make 6 of those.....

davematthews
January 13th, 2012, 12:17 AM
Yes Cindy did, but I can see this is going to end up more like a kid in a candy shop with $50 to spend.....I want one of those, two of them, can you make 6 of those.....

I will admit that the idea seems far fetched. However, one of the box tuners was developing it at one time. So its not that far out there. Besides, all u had to do was say no.

Mitch
January 13th, 2012, 02:45 PM
For starters, outside of performance is fix the OE sending unit, how it reads and displays the fuel level in the tank. Instead of 350 miles from Full to 1/2 tank, and 150 miles from 1/2 to empty, it would be nice to see a correct reading.

jklove
January 14th, 2012, 06:38 AM
EBV (Exhaust Bypass Valve , 'EGR Hot side Servo') control versus engine speed and EMP (exhaust manifold pressure).
- Enable separate tables for
TPS 0% and TPS>0%

Needs to be available for 'racing applications' with DPF disabled.

groff
January 14th, 2012, 02:14 PM
high idle
VGT control

yes please to trans tuning!!:grin:

Ran 07
January 15th, 2012, 10:08 AM
What about a way to get rid of the CCV filter/sensor?

Level33.1
January 17th, 2012, 07:37 PM
I run an aftermarket big stand alone alternator in my truck so being about to trun off the "field generator" error would be great, also fogs and highs, Trans tuning,wheel size . all those would be great to have

someguy
January 19th, 2012, 08:24 PM
In addition to what you already have planned, which is already awesome, more VGT tuning, please.

I've got an HE451VE that I'll be bolting on and maybe equipping with a larger compressor wheel. The more control I have over it, the better. The HE451 could become a hot ticket on these engines if we can get it working right.

In conjunction with that, and really for all turbo testing, it would be great to get a loggable MAF number out so that we can really see what differences various turbo setups are making.

And once we have MAF, tying it to a useful defueling table, or better yet defuel based on EGTs. Both or either would be great. I could then allow my wife to tow with my truck and not worry that it will have a melted piston when I get it back.

someguy
January 19th, 2012, 08:28 PM

That might be handled with a disable on the MIL for it that is already being planned ?

Krazeeun
January 22nd, 2012, 05:33 AM
Cindy,

I'd like to see disabling of the DTC's that come from removing the cooling fan when switching to electric fans in a racing application as well as custom scaling of the fuel level gauge so we can use aftermarket fuel level sending units in fuel cells.

Also, I'm sure you're already on it, but I would really like to see complete removal of dpf/egr functions from base tunes (as opposed to using modified box base tunes), of course for race only applications.

Krazeeun
January 22nd, 2012, 12:21 PM
I'd also like to see individual PID selection instead of selecting them in groups.. if thats possible.

2007 5.9
January 22nd, 2012, 12:48 PM
As it was explained to us in BETA...pid groups are the only way to scan the Cummins ECM.

Kinda pain in the arse but nevertheless it is what it is.

cindy@efilive
January 23rd, 2012, 10:41 AM
List has been updated encompassing all suggestions to date.

Cheers
Cindy

cindy@efilive
January 23rd, 2012, 10:43 AM
EBV (Exhaust Bypass Valve , 'EGR Hot side Servo') control versus engine speed and EMP (exhaust manifold pressure).
- Enable separate tables for TPS 0% and TPS>0%
Can you please explain both of these requests further? We need to understand the intent of the functions.

Can you please explain?

Cheers
Cindy

Dmaxink
January 23rd, 2012, 10:54 AM
Thanks for the update Cindy, Ross has been on it...someone is spiking his coffee i knew it! lol

Thanks again.

ecc_33
January 23rd, 2012, 01:05 PM
make your updates on the download section of your web site instead of searching through threads to find them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. And also make you software more computer friendly for people that is not so computer friendly.. I can tune the shit out of a truck no doubt. Just tuned a 6.7 today and it was awesome. But spending 3 hours trying to update black boxes and software is a bit rediculous... Don't get me wrong this stuff is great. Its just time consuming as a gear head sometimes to figure out the computer side, Eric

2007 5.9
January 23rd, 2012, 01:39 PM
Well since this isint a full blown release...the updates aren't active.

Once it becomes a full release, you'll see the updates working accordingly.

ScarabEpic22
January 23rd, 2012, 01:56 PM
Ecc_33, what Les said. These releases are all in the Release Candidate stage, they are NOT a true public release. Once they have been tested and are deemed robust enough with most problems resolved, THEN they will be posted on the main EFILive.com website. Once the next true public release is out, the auto update function should work as planned as EFILive is switching to a different installation utility.

cindy@efilive
January 23rd, 2012, 05:46 PM
make your updates on the download section of your web site instead of searching through threads to find them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. And also make you software more computer friendly for people that is not so computer friendly.. I can tune the shit out of a truck no doubt. Just tuned a 6.7 today and it was awesome. But spending 3 hours trying to update black boxes and software is a bit rediculous... Don't get me wrong this stuff is great. Its just time consuming as a gear head sometimes to figure out the computer side, Eric

Eric,

We hear you loud and clear.

Release Candidate software should not be in the same location as Public Release software.

We've deemed RC8 to be stable enough for the public to use with HUGE warnings, but not 'perfect' enough to make it a Public Release. It's a fine line we walk. If the RC wasn't available publicly, then you would not have been able to tune that 6.7L today.

Whilst you may consider updating firmware, bootblocks and software cumbersome, they are a necessary evil in delivering customers enhancements without returning units for upgrade. Over time the whole upgrade process has become 'easier', but we still have a way to go to make it more streamlined.

Cheers
Cindy

ecc_33
January 24th, 2012, 01:14 PM
I am now understanding things alot better. That makes since why its not on the software update page also. Crystal clear now guys! Thanks again for all the hard work!

68showngo
February 24th, 2012, 07:47 AM
I know on the 5.9s a few things weren't offered because it was controlled by the PCM vs. ECM etc... but is there any chance of getting the Tire Pressure Monitoring System covered on the 6.7s?

2007 5.9
February 24th, 2012, 08:13 AM
I know on the 5.9s a few things weren't offered because it was controlled by the PCM vs. ECM etc... but is there any chance of getting the Tire Pressure Monitoring System covered on the 6.7s?

Chances are, that feature is a TIPM (central gateway) feature, which at this time hasn't been addressed.

LB72004
February 24th, 2012, 12:43 PM
my only request is to make it good but not as good as our duramax tuning software. hold them back a little. :master::devil_2: :tongue: :pokey:

GMPX
February 24th, 2012, 04:17 PM
That's funny, but unfortunately for you (at least on the 5.9L) they pretty much have every thing they need now, no limits left.

LB72004
February 24th, 2012, 08:09 PM
i guess i should have gotten my request in sooner :wallbash:

keep up the good work, i am happy for any diesel that can take advantage of EFI Live.

My last request would be support (not that i intend to own one) Ford. then we can level the playing field and really see who comes out on top

Jason

DoghouseDiesel
February 25th, 2012, 02:05 AM
My last request would be support (not that i intend to own one) Ford. then we can level the playing field and really see who comes out on top

Ford has support already.....it's called the dealer service department.

:muahaha:

Meshanic
March 3rd, 2012, 05:24 PM
Sounds like the ford thing might already be happening. Isn't Someguy dropping a Cummins in an f-350? IMO that's the only good way to own and drive a ford anyway.
Sorry to stay off subject. I was dropping studs in an LB7 tonight and thought of a million smart arse remarks but I'll just hold my tongue.

Poor capitalization was intentional.:hihi:

Meshanic
March 3rd, 2012, 05:31 PM
How about boost staging limit like we get in the DSP. Maybe along with CSP have a CSP staging limit.

I bet you guys already thought of that. Great work on what you've got rolling already! Almost like you've done this recently:rockon:

someguy
March 20th, 2012, 03:32 PM
Sounds like the ford thing might already be happening. Isn't Someguy dropping a Cummins in an f-350? IMO that's the only good way to own and drive a ford anyway.

Yes, I am. And you are so correct.

LReiff
June 1st, 2012, 12:01 AM
Is it possible to get a few more features in the turbocharger tuning and data departments? Turbo speed data logging?

Powder_Keg
June 9th, 2012, 05:42 AM
How about high idle and fogs with highs. Someone is bound to ask for it. And maybe some engine idle speed control.

-Powder Keg

4NEATR
June 12th, 2012, 06:34 AM
Just having the same features for extra's as the 5.9's would be great..

dodgeram082500
June 15th, 2012, 04:39 PM
how about a way to calibrate new flow rates for larger injectors or stock injectors with modified nozzles? and of course a injector kill test capability would be nice too.

2500MegaDiesel
June 16th, 2012, 10:04 AM
The H and S MCC software has the ability to control the temperature at which the ECM turns on the heater in the viscous clutch of the engine fan. For those of us that tow heavy the ability to control the "on" temperature of the fan clutch would be a huge help.

4NEATR
June 18th, 2012, 12:18 AM
The single biggest thing would probably be the tire size change, for guys who don't have annother tuner like my xrt, don't have the ability to get the speedo even close if they have EFI alone.

2500MegaDiesel
June 18th, 2012, 03:30 AM
The single biggest thing would probably be the tire size change, for guys who don't have annother tuner like my xrt, don't have the ability to get the speedo even close if they have EFI alone.

Cheapest extended warranty there is. Adjust tire size so at 60 speedo reads 30. Easy to remember and doubles warranty. I don't need the speedo at all. Read my speed off the GPS system.

4NEATR
November 19th, 2012, 10:28 AM
I know things are busy and there are more issues at hand now, but it would be great to get at least the options that the 5.9's have.

cindy@efilive
November 19th, 2012, 10:40 AM
I know things are busy and there are more issues at hand now, but it would be great to get at least the options that the 5.9's have.

Specifically what are you looking for?

Cheers
Cindy

someguy
November 19th, 2012, 12:40 PM
Specifically what are you looking for?

Where is inputting injector calibration numbers at these days ?

I am really happy to see the CSP functionality getting out there.

GMPX
November 19th, 2012, 02:50 PM
By Injector Calibration numbers, do you mean like what we have to do with the LMM how they are copied from the GPM to ECM?

dansdieselp
November 19th, 2012, 05:50 PM
Remember the 6 digit letter/number code we talked about back when we first started beta testing the 6.7? Each injector has its own flow rate code on the injector from Bosch and that code has to be put into the ECM per cylinder it goes into so it will run correctly.

someguy
November 20th, 2012, 04:49 AM
Remember the 6 digit letter/number code we talked about back when we first started beta testing the 6.7? Each injector has its own flow rate code on the injector from Bosch and that code has to be put into the ECM per cylinder it goes into so it will run correctly.

Yep, that is it. Its needed every time you change an injector or swap an ECM.

someguy
November 20th, 2012, 04:54 AM
I have a question about CSP.

I am building a CAN based transmission controller. I need to detune the engine during the shift to manage clutch torque while shifting.

How fast does the ECM react to a program change request via a CAN message ?

Is the CAN messaging protocol for changing programs going to be made public so that I can incorporate it into my controller ?

Thanks !

4NEATR
November 21st, 2012, 07:20 AM
These are the ones on the 5.9's
E3259- Fuel Level, Voltage to Percent Full Conversion (some trucks are WAY out like mine)
E6500 - Tire Revs Per Mile
Changing the tire size is the only thing keeping me from selling my XRT as I hate having my speedo out, switching from racing tires to winter tires

Krazeeun
November 21st, 2012, 10:46 AM

Yes please, I have a truck at the local dealership right now because of this issue...

2007 5.9
November 21st, 2012, 10:47 AM
What are the symptoms of this???

cindy@efilive
November 21st, 2012, 10:56 AM
E3259- Fuel Level, Voltage to Percent Full Conversion (some trucks are WAY out like mine)
Changing the tire size is the only thing keeping me from selling my XRT as I hate having my speedo out, switching from racing tires to winter tires

We won't be able to track/add/look at your 5.9L issues if they are not in the 5.9L thread.

I'm sure you can appreciate we get tonnes of requests, if they are not in the right place chances are they will get missed when the time comes.

Cheers
Cindy

skneeland
November 21st, 2012, 11:26 AM

the tire size adjustment doesnt work on the 5.9s anyway, if that means anything to you. lol

someguy
November 21st, 2012, 01:21 PM
Is it possible to get a few more features in the turbocharger tuning and data departments? Turbo speed data logging? +1.

4NEATR
November 22nd, 2012, 07:36 AM
We won't be able to track/add/look at your 5.9L issues if they are not in the 5.9L thread.

I'm sure you can appreciate we get tonnes of requests, if they are not in the right place chances are they will get missed when the time comes.

Cheers
Cindy

Hi Cindy, those numbers are just off a 5.9 that I did, the fuel level and tire size change aren't in the 6.7 for mine, that's the point..lol
I know there are more important requests like the injector code ones, but unless you are switching entire bodies out, that is not needed, and most guys utilize switching out nozzles
Keep up the good work

dodgeram082500
December 6th, 2012, 11:19 PM
someon may have already asked but I'd like to see maximum position and torque tables for the exhaust brake also