PDA

View Full Version : 1998 with 2 bar MAP

WicketMike
January 26th, 2006, 01:36 PM
I found this thread on ls1tech and it looks like there are some people with 98's and turbos that are running a 2 bar map.

Has anybody here done it? and how can i get it to work?

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=443095

thanks

WicketMike
January 27th, 2006, 03:18 PM
tttttttttttt

WicketMike
February 1st, 2006, 06:50 AM
nobody with efilive has done this? or can you only do it with hptuners?

Please advise

thanks!

TAQuickness
February 1st, 2006, 07:17 AM
According to that thread, you need to call Rick.

Otherwise, it sounds like they wired up a 2 bar MAP resulting VE table colum headings representing a percentage of the 2 bar MAP's range rather than actuall KPA values.

GMPX
February 1st, 2006, 11:22 AM
You can run the 2bar map, you just need to rescale it so everything is halved, so 100kPa will measure as 50kPa, 200kPa will measure as 100kPa.
It's not ideal, but years ago we ran 99+ LS1's like that and for the most part it works just fine.

Cheers,
Ross

SS2win
February 2nd, 2006, 05:05 PM
would be real nice if live would allow adjusting the interface to reflect 50% values to match...

WicketMike
February 13th, 2006, 11:22 AM
You can run the 2bar map, you just need to rescale it so everything is halved, so 100kPa will measure as 50kPa, 200kPa will measure as 100kPa.
It's not ideal, but years ago we ran 99+ LS1's like that and for the most part it works just fine.

Cheers,
Ross

how would i go about doing this?

thanks

kp
February 13th, 2006, 01:07 PM
If I remember you also have to disable BARO updating. If you dont after a couple starts your whole fuel map goes to crap. I found it a real pain since I can go from 200' to 2000' in an hour and I could never get it right.

I tried it like 3 years ago, unless there is a new 98 OS hack is out there it didnt work all that well for me but you could waste a lot of time with LS1edit fooling around lol.

Delco
February 13th, 2006, 01:15 PM

Cheers,
Ross

Works fine , turn of baro updating.

Dont stress about the 1/2 scaling as you are tuning to the scanner , so 50kpa in the scanner is still 50kpa in the maps just its 100kpa in actual pressure.

Auto VE update and everything works properly , you just need to adjust all the map variables that use kpa by 1/2.

it is a lot of work but we never used to have the option in the old days - same as the 98 guys have now.

WicketMike
February 13th, 2006, 01:27 PM
so first i install a 2 bar map, then turn off baro updating and then do autoVE ?

Can you explain more on how to adjust the map variables?

thanks for your help

Delco
February 13th, 2006, 03:06 PM
so first i install a 2 bar map, then turn off baro updating and then do autoVE ?

Can you explain more on how to adjust the map variables?

thanks for your help

you need to look through the calibration for any thing that references map and then if it isnt a delta change it needs to be changed to reflect that atmosphere is now 50 kpa.

Once thats done do all your stuff below 50kpa to make sure the engine is in a safe state before going into boost.

Use the helpsheet on autoVE as all the same rules apply even though its not on a custom operating system

MN C5
February 13th, 2006, 05:00 PM
Read my reply in FORCED INDUCTION.. there is a brief how to I posted...

Dennis