PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with V8 upgrade

IowaDiesel
January 17th, 2012, 12:14 PM
About 3 moths ago, I tried to upgrade to V8 for BBL. I followed a writeup on Dieseplace. It all seemed to work right. I have been using 7.5 for years on two trucks (Duramax lb7 & lly) with no issues. At this point, when I plug the V2 into the computer and start V7.5, the EFILive status bar that says "Loading Calibration definition" freezes about 1/3 of the way across. If I unplug the V2, it will proceed and give me the "demo mode" warning.

Here i what I have loaded
V8
V7.5
EFILive Scan and Tune
Driver 2.8.14.0
Firmware:2.07.22
Bootloader:2.07.03

OS is Vista if it matters.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Tordne
January 17th, 2012, 01:08 PM
USB issue: We released a new USB driver issue a while back that caused issues. It wasn't released to resolve any issues; it was just a case of it being newer so we thought we should update our driver package. You have the newer driver installed which caused the V7.5 tune tool to hang on starting when FlashScan V2 was connected to the computer. There is an application called 'EFILive USB Manager' under the 'Start->Programs->EFILive->V8' program group. Do the following:
a) Disconnect FlashScan V2 from your PC
b) Click on the 'Uninstall USB Drivers' button
c) Click on the 'Install USB 2.02.04' button; these are the drivers that have always worked

Demo Mode: You need to enter the details from your blue registration card into the software. If you don't have that card handy please see this article (http://support.efilive.com/kb_article.php?ref=2610-QSJC-1535).

IowaDiesel
January 17th, 2012, 01:54 PM
Thanks for the quick response! That fixed it. I can now get the V7.5 to start with the V2 hooked up.

Chris

Brads_rs
June 10th, 2013, 06:41 AM
I am having the same issue. I just intalled the newest release of V7. It wont let me use the older drivers.

joecar
June 10th, 2013, 10:16 AM
I am having the same issue. I just intalled the newest release of V7. It wont let me use the older drivers.Which USB driver are you using...?