PDA

View Full Version : F-Bod Throttle Follower Problem

TAQuickness
January 27th, 2006, 02:40 AM
:help2:

Most every time I'm returning to an idle state, the PCM makes the transistion gracefully. On occasion, the PCM makes the transition rapidly and stalls the engine.

Last night I captured a log, while the car was stationary, that shows the throtle follower does not decay consistantly. Per the tune settings, when the follower has added 3.0 g/s, it should take ~ 7.6 seconds to decay to 0 g/s.

The attached file contains a log and a spreadsheet (I know, I know). Within both are 2 idle transitions of interest (more easily viewed in the spreadsheet).

Transition 1: Goes from idle, to ~2k RPM where the follower adds 3.0 g/s additional air flow, the follower decay takes 7.6 seconds to return to 0. THIS IS THE DESIRED EFFECT!

Transition 2: Goes from idle, to ~2k RPM where the follower adds 3.0 g/s additional air flow, the follower decay takes 1.5 seconds to return to 0, resulting in the engine stalling. THIS SUCKS!

So, my question is, what variables effect the decay rate of the throttle follower?

Ross - can you shed any light on the PCM formula behind the throttle follower decay rate?

:cheers:

TAQuickness
January 27th, 2006, 02:43 AM
Before the question arises:
I'm using OS 02020001
OLSD
M6

Haans249
February 27th, 2006, 07:06 PM
I have the SAME problem!! Idle transitions nicely, but then all of a sudden the idle will drop and will kill the engine once coming off acceleration. I did some logs and one thing that I noticed at this stalling point was the learned Idle air correction was in the negatives, and also for some reason which I can't figure out at this point is the Fuel Trim Cell will be in 22 even when I don't have any throttle at all. So, the combination of negative idle airflow correction and extra fuel causes a huge rich swing and stalls the engine. I notice also that after the stall its pretty tough to start the engine. Lastly, only doing a calibration flash will solve the stalling problem for only a limited time and then start stalling again till the next flash. Maybe the problems lie in the learning tables? I dunno...haha

Best Regards,
Adrian