PDA

View Full Version : RAFIG Idle Users Inside

SUPRSLO
January 27th, 2006, 02:55 AM
Dirk, I tried going back to stock everything as far as my idle values go except I left the timing at 29 degrees base park and in gear and tried the idle loging this morning. It reported .32 to .35 for all idle cells. I entered them in by hand cause for some reason the table you've supplied me with have more low temperature cells then the one in my .tun file but everything lines up above the lower values you've supplied me with. I switched the table you supplied me with to Celcius also cause that is what's in my tuning file. Now that being said I manually went in and added the .32 to .35 values to the corresponding desired air flow table values and now the car sucks real bad. It won't hold an idle at all and appears to be running very very rich in the lower rpms. Something else I noticed is that I logged a cell last night before leaving and copied and loaded into the pcm as indicated before. That cell that was changed (by .34 last night) when logged this morning still wanted an additional .34 according to this table. Is that a max value or something? Does this table work properly with ls2 throttle bodies on c5's? It isn't working properly for me, that's for sure.

As I discussed with Humpin (Dirk) i've added 4 across the whole table before and it worked much better then this RAFIG table. Something does not appear to be right here. Any thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated as i'm about to poor gas all over the thing light a match and be done with it (not really, just venting). Once again this is a 239/242 110lsa cam in a stock head stock shortblock ls6 with a fast 90/ls2 90 combo trying to idle at 900 rpm (in which it idles fine with 4 added to the a/f table but not with the RAFIG values over stock).

TAQuickness
January 27th, 2006, 07:10 AM
First thing that comes to mind is to make sure all your units are a like (ie make sure you are not adding lbs/hr to a g/s field).

I've also notice that when I apply the RAFIG values to my desired airflow, the results are not always favorable. At first I was thinking RAFIG was not the right method, but I've learned since then that RAFIG is a good thing and that by making my DAF table correct, I am exposing other areas of the tune that are out of line. What those areas are, I don't know - yet.

WicketMike
January 27th, 2006, 10:07 AM
if you guys are talking about the RAF sheet that redhard supra made, he has an update. here is the link to his .zip file of it

http://www.allmod.net/hpt/RAF_1_2.zip

and here is his site explaining

http://redhardsupra.blogspot.com/

SUPRSLO
January 29th, 2006, 08:30 AM
Actually the car eventually settled into a settled idle after I moved it up from 900 to 1000 at the suggestion of many. All the complaining and all I had to do is be patient with it and let it learn out. It's just weird to me though that the table continues to produce the same values of .32 to .35 additional even after the car has had the correct DAF placed in and the idle holds fine:nixweiss:

Thanks for the replies guys:rockon:

joecar
January 30th, 2006, 11:48 AM
RAFIG stands for...?
Which table is this...?

It's Monday here, so thanks I appreciate it

:cheers:

TAQuickness
January 30th, 2006, 12:09 PM
Running Air Flow something or other. It's a really cool concoction (calc PID) Dirk came up with (at least I credit him for it) so you can nail down B4307.

I can't believe it's still Monday.

jfpilla
January 30th, 2006, 04:40 PM
RAFIG stands for...?
Which table is this...?

It's Monday here, so thanks I appreciate it

Running Airflow In Gear(Edit term) = Desired Airflow B4307.

joecar
January 31st, 2006, 05:41 AM
Running Air Flow something or other. It's a really cool concoction (calc PID) Dirk came up with (at least I credit him for it) so you can nail down B4307.

I can't believe it's still Monday.

Running Airflow In Gear(Edit term) = Desired Airflow B4307.

Thanks.
I may have been sleeping (I usually am :notacrook:), I searched for this and it showed me only 2 threads... please point me to this calc pid...?

Monday...? It seems like everyday is Monday.... :bawl:

Oh well, I better have another beer... :beer:

joecar
January 31st, 2006, 05:44 AM
Thanks.
I may have been sleeping (I usually am :notacrook:), I searched for this and it showed me only 2 threads... please point me to this calc pid...?

Monday...? It seems like everyday is Monday.... :bawl:

Oh well, I better have another beer... :beer:
I AM SLEEPING (see this proves it... )

I just found it in the Scan Tool pid list, but thanks again; I'm all better now.

Dirk Diggler
January 31st, 2006, 06:10 AM
There are a few of them there for park neutral/in gear and ac on and off. And yes they are prolly should be names DAFIG (Desired Airflow In Gear), etc

jsttry
February 9th, 2006, 11:28 PM
I've logged RAFIG for my M6 Commodore, but it seems a little odd as the RAFIG values are up too high in the table. ECT is normally around 88-90C, never do I see the 92-140 in the RAFIG Map. Any idea why this could be?

Tordne
February 10th, 2006, 08:19 AM
I've logged RAFIG for my M6 Commodore, but it seems a little odd as the RAFIG values are up too high in the table. ECT is normally around 88-90C, never do I see the 92-140 in the RAFIG Map. Any idea why this could be?

It's not just a case of one map accidentally using ECT in *F units is it?

jsttry
February 11th, 2006, 11:56 PM
Duh, yep that was the problem. Was 3am in the morning when I made the MAPs a few months ago and didn't even think of looking at F vs C. Thanks :D

oztracktuning
February 25th, 2006, 11:15 AM
What difference does IAC Park make to driveability - does it complement the RAF table?? I know its a slightly different topic - but i am not sure mine is set right.

ringram
March 3rd, 2006, 05:19 AM
Good question flyer.
My take on it is that its sets the IAC at Key ON and Key OFF so that startup and kill happen ok. Kind of like holding the throttle down a bit when cold and turning the key...
Of course this might be wrong..!?

SSbaby
March 9th, 2006, 11:20 PM
I'm a little confused by my RAFIG results... what do negative values mean in the RAFIG MAP? Does it mean I have to subtract the RAFIG values from the corresponding cells in the Desired Airflow table or do I need to add these values to the Desired Airflow table.

The reason I ask is if I lower (i.e. subtract from) my Desired Airflow values from the current calibration, I suspect my engine will stall. Hence my confusion.

e.g.

I've only got 5.7 g/s Desired Airflow at 92* ECT, my corresponding RAFIG value at that temp was -1.4 g/s. If I then adjust my Desired Airflow value down to 4.3 g/s there's a likelihood my engine will stall. Should the 1.4 g/s be added to 5.7 instead?

oztracktuning
March 10th, 2006, 12:07 AM
I used RAFIG and if negative i subtracted - if positive i added.
But now it is around -0.5 and is happiest there. So iguess desired airflow is above the amount that spot on.

Im not sure this is the best setup - but it seems to be working.
Idling slow seems to be helped by changing things to get AFRS as stable as possible and under 15.0 - mine is nicest at the moment in the low14s.
To do this i also tweaked the offset table at the different voltages that are experienced during idle from the log and i did this only in the pressure levels that happen at idle. This seemed to help but may also not be the best thing to do.

I have not really had any success yet with throttle cracker other than turning it off at appropriate places helps it smoothly transition out of DFCO.

Throttle follower i havent tweaked successfully yet - only have made small adjustments.

oztracktuning
March 10th, 2006, 12:09 AM
My desired airflow values are around 9.8 with an idle in gear at 800rpm. Out of gear at 650 its 8.9.

If its too high i think the car will just have too high an idle. I think it might be better to start higher and then lower it and see what happens.

SSbaby
March 10th, 2006, 12:51 AM
I've got my idle set at a lowly 900rpm (cammed M6). Does RAFIG work better at a higher idle speed, say 1000rpm?

joecar
March 10th, 2006, 04:22 AM
Flyer, good bit of research there mate, could you post some charts images.

Thanks
Joe

zrx1200
March 12th, 2006, 10:46 PM
i ended up loging iac sum dma.and using theese values with good results