PDA

View Full Version : Idle Tables

FUBAR
January 21st, 2012, 03:50 PM
I do not know why Idle Table: D5751 Idle Speed vs Coolant Temp is not responding to my commands. I try setting the whole table to 750 RPM, and the truck will still auto idle up to 1000 RPM if the conditions are met just as if I never changed the stock table. I don't know if there is another table we cannot see that is superceding this one or what.

Thanks,

-Andrew

skneeland
January 22nd, 2012, 08:48 AM
im pretty sure there is an ambient temperature Idle control loop that we dont have access to, based off IAT startup temp. sometimes my idle will adjust on occasion, independent of where i have set the idle coolant temp settings.

i have my engine set to basically idle at 1000rpm anytime the coolant temp is not between 70-100*C. when i start the truck it INSTANTLY ramps up to 1000 rpm in the cold weather.

When the engine starts up and the OTHER temperature control loop kicks in, it starts up and idles at 750rpm for a few seconds till the oil pressure rises, THEN it idles up to 1000rpm (when running on this loop it WILL idle down to 750 when i put my foot on the brake, unlike the coolant temp loop that will hold whatever rpm you have it set at until you put it in gear)

easymon
January 22nd, 2012, 09:17 AM
i think we a missing code to control ambient temperature to make this funtion work played with this a while ago gave up. For i was looking to any time truck idles it would then idle up .

GMPX
January 22nd, 2012, 11:37 AM
I am sure I recall one beta testing confirming the idle tables did as expected, except it would still not allow below 750.

2007 5.9
January 22nd, 2012, 11:41 AM
My truck would idle at whatever I wanted it to...just as Ross said it would not go lower than 750

FUBAR
January 22nd, 2012, 11:50 AM
Hmmm...what could be unique about us that it doesn't work for? I'm running a fresh dealer flash tune too...

2007 5.9
January 22nd, 2012, 12:20 PM
I did not try to go real high, but it would idle at 1000 every time

FUBAR
January 22nd, 2012, 12:41 PM
I'm just trying to keep it from idling anymore than 750 rpm. Starting my truck up at cold temps, the truck wants to startup at 1000rpm, starting like crap without my grid heater. I have hold my foot on the brake to minimize it. But then it auto idles up seconds to minutes later I thought I got it to work before, but I don't know why it quit working.

red0759
January 22nd, 2012, 01:26 PM
Don't feel bad because every OS I've tried on my 07 I adjust it down to 750 and it never goes below 800. I'm not sure that it ever has idled below 800 ever since I bought it new in 07.

FUBAR
January 22nd, 2012, 01:33 PM
But is your truck a manual? If so, that would explain it. If not, I don't know.

skneeland
January 22nd, 2012, 02:17 PM
I'm just trying to keep it from idling anymore than 750 rpm. Starting my truck up at cold temps, the truck wants to startup at 1000rpm, starting like crap without my grid heater. I have hold my foot on the brake to minimize it. But then it auto idles up seconds to minutes later I thought I got it to work before, but I don't know why it quit working.

if you can cancel it out by putting your foot on the brake then in my opinion its not the coolant temp high idle , its the IAT high idle that i hypothesized earlier.
from my experience the coolant temp high idle will NOT cancel out by pushing on the brake, but the "mystery" cold temp high idle will

red0759
January 22nd, 2012, 02:18 PM
Yeah it is a manual my bad I should've thought about that before

FUBAR
January 22nd, 2012, 04:28 PM
if you can cancel it out by putting your foot on the brake then in my opinion its not the coolant temp high idle , its the IAT high idle that i hypothesized earlier.
from my experience the coolant temp high idle will NOT cancel out by pushing on the brake, but the "mystery" cold temp high idle will

IAT is set to 750rpm as well. Ross, can I put a request in to find the "mystery" cold temp high idle? Those 03-05 trucks can wait...

easymon
January 23rd, 2012, 05:50 AM
fubar your right there are diff. man. vers at. i have no problum seting reg idle but want it to auto idle up when ever is sits and idle but what seems to happen is air temp rises it kicks out even when colant temp not up to operating temp. My goal was if i have to idle for long peirid it would stay there with out the pto idle up less fuel burned for it not a loaded idle like pto funtion.

SRXtreme
February 11th, 2012, 08:00 AM
Those 03-05 trucks can wait...

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum no we can't the suspense is killing us!!!! lol.........................SRXtreme

TexasCummins
February 11th, 2012, 08:43 AM
the coolant temp high idle will NOT cancel out by pushing on the brake

Yep, my coolant temp idle up disengages after putting the truck into gear. When I go back into park the idle slowly rises back to the preset rpm.