PDA

View Full Version : V1 Doesn't Recognize Licensed PCM??

xlcooplx
January 22nd, 2012, 06:00 PM
Guys, I'm having an issue getting my V1 to recognize a PCM that was previously licensed to it. Let me give a little background info on it. Back in February of 2011, my buddy bought a 6L to swap into his '84 K30 CUCV military truck. He bought a license to use on my V1 so we could tune the PCM for the swap. With the harness hooked up in the truck, I flashed an updated .bin file to the PCM for the 6L (along with VATs disabled, for a manual trans, etc.) Fast forward to this past weekend. He calls me up and tells me the truck is FINALLY running after getting his fuel setup finished but he has a SES light on with codes for a crank relearn and fuel level sensor. I pulled the current tune off of his PCM as I had gotten a new computer and didn't have his old .bin any longer. The tune that I pulled from his PCM was indeed the .bin that I flashed earlier last year. After turning off the MIL for the fuel level sensor, i saved the .bin and went to reflash it to his PCM but I kept getting the message that this PCM wasn't licensed to my V1. I don't know what happened because I know it was indeed the same PCM (I pulled a copy of the tune that I previously flashed, remember?). Does anyone know how I can get my V1 to recognize his PCM? I even tried to flash the PCM using a different computer (both with the newest version of EFILive) but I had no success with either. I'm just at a loss and don't know what to do from here. I just know that he has already spent the money on the license to tune it once and now it doesn't recognize that it has previously been licensed? Any help is appreciated!!

-Matt

Tordne
January 23rd, 2012, 06:00 AM
Please make sure you download and install the latest software. See this guide for more details:
- Software updates (http://support.efilive.com/kb_article.php?ref=5404-IJZV-0820): (DO NOT perform the Check for Updates after the software install as there are issues with this currently)

Please also send the following to me (support@efilive.com):
1) A license backup:
a. With FlashScan V2 connected go to the ‘Help->FlashScan V1 PCM Licensing’ menu option in the tune tool.
b. Click the ‘Backup’ button.
c. Email the file it creates: Will be ‘C:\Program Files\EFILive\V7.5\XXX.lbu’, where XXX is the serial number of your FlashScan V2 device.

2) A screenshot of the Get PC Info screen of the vehicle you’re tuning:
a. Connect to vehicle and go to the ‘Flash->Show PCM Info’ menu option in the tune tool.
b. Select the correct controller type and click the ‘Get Info’ button.

Cheers,

xlcooplx
January 23rd, 2012, 06:19 AM
Andrew,
Under the V1 Licensing screen, there is no "backup" button. There is a backup button under the V2 licensing screen but when I click it, it says that it is only available when using a V2. I will take a screen shot of the V1 screen and send with the email.

Tordne
January 23rd, 2012, 06:29 AM
Thanks and oops. Don't spend much time supporting V1 these days :angel_innocent:

xlcooplx
January 23rd, 2012, 06:48 AM
Thanks and oops. Don't spend much time supporting V1 these days :angel_innocent:

I understand. Email sent. Thanks again!

Tordne
January 23rd, 2012, 08:02 AM
I can see that PCM had the issue with the serial number being wiped at some point. I have just issued you a complementary PCM license a moment ago. Please do make sure your software is all updated :)

xlcooplx
January 23rd, 2012, 09:30 AM
I can see that PCM had the issue with the serial number being wiped at some point. I have just issued you a complementary PCM license a moment ago. Please do make sure your software is all updated :)

Thank you very much! To be on the safe side, I have downloaded the software once more. Thanks again for the help! This is why EFILive>HPT