PDA

View Full Version : 68RFE TCM question.

someguy
January 22nd, 2012, 06:16 PM
I'm looking at swapping a 68rfe into a Ford truck along with a Cummins 6.7.

I've gone through the wiring in detail and it looks doable. Fairly easy, actually.

It appears to me that the TCM shifts the transmission. It selects the shift points, operates the clutches, watches the solenoids, etc.

When one loads an EFI Live tune for an automatic truck into the Cummins ECM, does it also load some programming into the TCM ? If not, how does one match the TCM programming to the ECM program ? How do I know that the TCM I'd buy to do this will have the correct programming in it ?

Thanks

2007 5.9
January 23rd, 2012, 01:46 AM
At this point, nothing is changed within the TCM when a tune is flashed into the ECM....development is in the horizon for the TCM.

What you can do is buy a TCM that has been altered by Suncoast or others that will address the needs of the trans with upgraded ECM tuning.

someguy
January 23rd, 2012, 03:28 AM
When 68 RFE transmission tuning is added to EFI-Live, it will be uploading code to the TCM, right ? That is how the trans shift points are altered, clutch pressures, etc, right ?

2007 5.9
January 23rd, 2012, 03:50 AM
Unknown how it will work out. No info has been announced.

HVD Performance
September 16th, 2012, 04:29 AM
Les have you heard of any thing on the TCM tuning yet? Was looking to make some changes to mine. Just ordered the BD Line pressure Booster. Id rather have control with efi on it.