PDA

View Full Version : First attempt at tuning a truck

syrupdawg
January 23rd, 2012, 09:55 AM
Hey everybody this is my first post on this forum. I went to an EFI class at New Era diesel this weekend taught my Zach with Starlite Diesel. I learned alot and I want to thank zach for the help. Anyways I am going to attempt to tune on my friends truck this weekend and I am working on the tune now. Its a 06 automatic with stock inj, stock lift pump and cp3. Pretty much completely stock except for a 63/68/12 charger. Just wanted to see what you guys would reccomend. I have an idea of where I want to go. We are going to start with baby steps. Data log the stock tune and then slightly increase the basic limiters and pulse width. Slowly but surely it will get it to where I want it but any tips would help. Thanks

2007 5.9
January 23rd, 2012, 11:38 AM
Smoothing out tables will go a long way to making the truck run smoother and make your future adjustments more favorable.

syrupdawg
January 23rd, 2012, 01:34 PM
Smoothing out tables will go a long way to making the truck run smoother and make your future adjustments more favorable.

Yea I should have said I was going to smooth everything out. Any other tips? Thanks in advance for ANY tips or tricks