PDA

View Full Version : Spark at WOT goes to 0

Mike@Vengeance
January 26th, 2012, 03:32 AM
Guys I've been fighting this car for awhile with several issues but this just came up. Background

408 CI big came ect..., 4L80e 2002 TA COS SD tune

Fuel and spark were looking fine on all logs no issues. We were and still are fighting a small valvetrain issue. Here is the problem ( I have seen this a few time before but) When we go WOT the timing will go to 0-1 degrees and obviously the car does not make power. Now before on the same tune it worked but what could cause a motor to go to 0 at WOT.

I have logs with the SAME tune holding 25 degrees easily with NO knock or anything. Does anybody know of or have a idea what mechanically or electrically could cause this weather in a tune or engine???

Thanks for the help boys.

5.7ute
January 26th, 2012, 02:41 PM
Guys I've been fighting this car for awhile with several issues but this just came up. Background

408 CI big came ect..., 4L80e 2002 TA COS SD tune

Fuel and spark were looking fine on all logs no issues. We were and still are fighting a small valvetrain issue. Here is the problem ( I have seen this a few time before but) When we go WOT the timing will go to 0-1 degrees and obviously the car does not make power. Now before on the same tune it worked but what could cause a motor to go to 0 at WOT.

I have logs with the SAME tune holding 25 degrees easily with NO knock or anything. Does anybody know of or have a idea what mechanically or electrically could cause this weather in a tune or engine???

Thanks for the help boys.

Post your tune file & a log if possible.