PDA

View Full Version : Feature request. Handling injector codes via EFI Live.

someguy
January 28th, 2012, 04:31 AM
As I understand it, Cummins 6.7 injectors have a (calibration ?) code built into the tag on the solenoid.

As I understand it, the ECM knows if the injector its firing matches its tag or not and will spit out a code (and go into limp mode ?) if it doesn't.

As I understand it, right now the only way to set an injector code in an ECM is to go to the dealer and have it done with the Star Scan tool.

It would be awfully, awfully nice if this could be done in EFI Live. All it would take is adding 6 fields to the data, one for each injector code. EFI Live could then upload that information to the ECM along with all the other information.

For example, I'm doing an ECM swap on my 2010 engine. The only way for me to get the correct injector calibration numbers into the new ECM is to take my ECM (and bench harness) down to a Dodge dealer and have them do it.

First of all, they will look at me like I'm crazy. Then they are going to complain about using my bench harness. Then they will complain they don't have the full truck there. And on top of it all, they will charge me a couple hours labor. If they will do it at all ! Its a big, big headache and it needs to be done every time an injector or ECM is swapped.

Any chance we could get this functionality in EFI Live ?

GMPX
January 28th, 2012, 09:04 AM
The guys in Beta were talking about this and it seemed to be kind of straight forward to implement given the injector codes are printed on the side of each one, so yes, we will be looking at doing this. However, I don't know what sort of time frame we are talking here.

someguy
January 30th, 2012, 08:08 AM
Great to hear that it made your radar ! I look forward to it when it does arrive.