PDA

View Full Version : Just upgraded to V2, having issues.

PRAY
January 28th, 2012, 09:18 AM
I just upgraded my V1 to V2. I can log data and check DTC's but can't tune. The car I am trying to tune has been tuned with HPT Pro and is saying it is locked. I tried the Alt Keys and that isn't working. I don't have anymore of my cars here to try the V2 on them to see if it is working. When I did the upgrade I don't remember it switching screens on the controller box like the tutorial says it will. But everything else was correct and it says it was successfully updated when I tried again. Did I mess it up? I am trying to use my old desk top V1 Scan Icon and Tune Icons so I can use my old data. Do I have to use my new Desk top Icons. The new windows don't make any sense to me. I opened the tune one and it has nothing in it and the Scan one says it hasn't been released yet. If I do have to use them, how do I transfer all of my old data to them?

The other issue I am having is using the correct pids for 05' and up. The pids I have been using for years in V1 don't all work on the V2. Some are very important. I can't log:

Air Flow Grams/Cyl (GM.CYLAIR_DMA)
Commanded Air Fuel Ratio (GM.AFR)
Manifold Vacuum (GM.MANVAC)
Mass Ari Flow Raw Frequency (SAE.MAFFREQ)

There are some more but those are the critical ones I need. What are the equivalent on the 05' and up cars?

Thanks in advance.

Taz
January 28th, 2012, 10:21 AM
Hello Pray,

What controller are you trying to log ? LS1-B PCMs use different PIDs than the newer E38 / E67 ECMs. Perhaps connect to a known controller (i.e. one you are certain is not locked, or you have tuned previously), then validate the PIDs.

Regards,
Taz

Blacky
January 28th, 2012, 10:27 AM
I am not 100% sure but I believe in some situations the HPT software automatically locks the controller. You will probably need to get it unlocked by the person and/or HPT software that did the tune.

The V8 PIDs have slightly different names, the list of changes is shown below.
Also, All PIDs that in V7 ended with _DMA that are not on this list now end with just _M in V8.

There is an option in the V7 software to "Edit->Copy PIDs for export to V8". So you can highlight all the PIDs in a V7 PID list and select "Edit->Copy PIDs for export to V8".
Than go into the V8 software and right click the green section in the BBL setup window and select Paste. That will perform the PID name conversions automatically for you.
Note: that process does not support calculated PID names.

#BBL Name V7 name
#------------- ----------------
SAE SAE
WO2AS11 WO2S11_B
WO2AS12 WO2S12_B
WO2AS13 WO2S13_B
WO2AS14 WO2S14_B
WO2AS21 WO2S21_B
WO2AS22 WO2S22_B
WO2AS23 WO2S23_B
WO2AS24 WO2S24_B
EQ_RAT LAMBDA

GM GM
ESTDIAG STATE14
ETCTAC1 STATE15
ETCTAC2 STATE16
ETST ETCS
MAF_GM MAF
MAPS MAP
ACHPRS ACP
GENFDC ALT-F
TP_A TP
FRPS FPS
BBVPS BBS
DESTQ DESTRQ
EOP EOPS
EGRCMD EGRCOM
TRACTRQ ACTTRQ
TTQRET SEMRET
BARO_B BARO
EOLIFE EOL
RUNTIME RUN_TIME
MAFSD DYNAIR_LS2
EGRCLOSE EGRPINTLE
IDLERPM IDLRPM
STFTAVG1 SHRTFTAVG1
LTFTAVG1 LONGFTAVG1
STFTAVG2 SHRTFTAVG2
MFFAIL1 MFFAIL
MFPASS1 MFPASS
LTFTAVG2 LONGFTAVG2
FTV FTP
CASE CASEERR
CURRCYL CKREFCYL
FANDC FANPWMDC
GENLDC GENL_DC
IGN1CC IGNCOIL1
IGN2CC IGNCOIL2
IGN3CC IGNCOIL3
IGN4CC IGNCOIL4
IGN5CC IGNCOIL5
IGN6CC IGNCOIL6
IGN7CC IGNCOIL7
IGN8CC IGNCOIL8
INJ1CC INJECTOR1
INJ2CC INJECTOR2
INJ3CC INJECTOR3
INJ4CC INJECTOR4
INJ5CC INJECTOR5
INJ6CC INJECTOR6
INJ7CC INJECTOR7
INJ8CC INJECTOR8
O2H11DC O2HTRDCB1S1
O2H21DC O2HTRDCB2S1
VSFPDC FPVSPDDC
EOT EOILTS
FANSPD_DES FANSPD_ACT
TSTATE33 TSTATE02
TSTATE34 TSTATE03
TSTATE35 TSTATE04
TSTATE36 TSTATE05
TSTATE37 TSTATE06
TSTATE39 TSTATE07
TSTATE40 TSTATE08
TSTATE41 TSTATE09
TSTATE42 TSTATE10
TSTATE45 TSTATE12
TSTATE03 TSTATE13
TSTATE04 TSTATE14
TSTATE05 TSTATE15
TSTATE06 TSTATE16
TSTATE07 TSTATE17
TSTATE16 TSTATE18

TSTATE02 TSTATE52
TSTATE08 TSTATE58
TSTATE09 TSTATE59
TSTATE10 TSTATE60
TSTATE11 TSTATE61
TSTATE14 TSTATE64
TSTATE15 TSTATE65
TSTATE17 TSTATE67
TSTATE19 TSTATE69

TCMPSLIP TCSLIP

FUEL_MAIN_M FUELQ_MAIN_DMA
FUEL_THR_M FUELQ_THR_DMA
DSP5_VOLT_M DSP5_VOLTS_DMA

SCALCORVE_M SCALEDCORVE_DMA
SCALUNCVE_M SCALEDUNVE_DMA

TRQCALC_M TORQUECALC_DMA
TRQRED_M TORQUERED_DMA

IAC_SD_M IAC_STD_DMA
IAC_SPN_M IAC_STPN_DMA
IAC_SDAC_M IAC_STDAC_DMA
IAC_SPNAC_M IAC_STPNAC_DMA
IAC_LD_M IAC_LTD_DMA
IAC_LPN_M IAC_LTPN_DMA
IAC_LPNAC_M IAC_LTDAC_DMA
IAC_LDAC_M IAC_LTPNAC_DMA
IAC_FRIC_M IAC_FRICTION_DMA

PRAY
January 28th, 2012, 12:09 PM
Thanks guys. I was trying to tune my buddy's 05'. He bought me the upgrade to do his car and now I can't. I am up at his place 2 hours from my house where my other cars are. I will see if it works when I get home tomorrow. I am just leaving him hanging. So I can't use my old V1 Icons to tune and log with? I am going to have to explore the two new deals.

PRAY
January 28th, 2012, 12:22 PM
The copy export isn't working on my V7. Is there an upgrade I need?

joecar
January 28th, 2012, 12:34 PM
PRAY,

What build version are your V7 and V8 at...?

What firmware version is your V2 at...?

PRAY
January 29th, 2012, 03:01 AM
I tried to use the CD that came with it to do the install but nothing on it worked. I went out to the web site and down loaded the latest and greatest off of here. I will double check exactly which ones I down loaded. The other strange thing to me what there were two different liscence registration cards in the box. One was for Scan only and the other was Scan&Tune. I regestered the Scan&Tune version.

PRAY
January 29th, 2012, 03:10 AM
I installed the EFILive V7.5.7 Build 180 and EFILive V8.2.1 Build 170. Where do I find out what Firmwhare I installed? I don't see it on the download page.

Taz
January 29th, 2012, 03:53 AM
Hello Pray,

Now that you have a V2 - you should also have desktop icons for V7.5 Tune Tool, V7.5 ScanTool, V8 Scan and Tune, and EFILive Explorer. When you downloaded build 180 / 170 the Bootblock (2.07.03) and Firmware (2.07.22) would have also downloaded - and will need to be programmed to the V2.

Connect your V2 to your laptop (or whatever computer you are using). Once the V2 has fully booted, open the EFILive Explorer utility. You should see an "F12:Firmware" tab - select this and your Bootblock / Firmware information will be displayed. You may also get a prompt telling you the V2 requires programming.

If the V2 has been programmed with the correct Bootblock / Firmware, you will then need to format the Config Files.

After this close EFILive Explorer, then open V8 Scan & Tune - select "F5: BBX". You will see F2: Scan and F3: Tune sub-menus. In Scan you need to program the PIDs. In Tune you need to program the controllers.

Hopefully some of this helps ...

Regards,
Taz

joecar
January 29th, 2012, 06:24 AM
In EFILive Explorer (EE) when you view what firmware version your V2 has, the date is important.

PRAY
January 29th, 2012, 12:19 PM
I went back through the tutorial and got all the updates and what not. Then I looked down on the last bit about the cable selection. Went into the tuner properties and changed the cable to the V2.5(happi) and it worked on the car. I will try the other suggestions from TAZ. I could log and tune with the 7.5 scan and tune but was using my old dash and Pids. Thank goodness I could. That car was messed up. Took a while to figure out all the tables and still have some learning curve to go though to get it nailed but the car ended up running great. Thanks again guys for the support. This is why I reccomend EFI Live to anyone looking for tuning software.

The firmware is as follows:
Bootblock Version 2.07.03
Bootblock Date Jul 25, 2011
Firmware Version 2.07.22
Firmware Date Aug 23, 2011

joecar
February 2nd, 2012, 09:59 AM
There is later firmware dates in January this year... look in the software update thread.

joecar
February 2nd, 2012, 10:01 AM
Release-Candidate-8-Jan-06-2012 (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?18135-Release-Candidate-8-Jan-06-2012)

PRAY
February 13th, 2012, 07:37 AM
Thanks Joe. Where is the best place to post questions on the differences for tuning? Are the differences in the V2 or are they in the E40/38/what ever? I am trying to tune an E40 05' Vette and the tables are all different. The pids are all different also. I am not sure how things corrolate and I don't want to make any mistakes. I looked in the Petrol section and I don't see anything specific for the E40. I have also heard that they were a one year only and suck. Where should I direct all these issues?

joecar
February 13th, 2012, 09:05 AM
E40 can be considered Gen IV (and has a forum section so named) which includes E38 and E67.

PRAY
February 13th, 2012, 11:48 AM
Thanks

08nastymax
February 19th, 2012, 09:56 AM
im having similar issues with my v2 i downloaded the new software to my lap top an as i went to the efi live explore utility and clicked on th f12 firmwire tab all the info is blank what have i done wrong ive tuned my truck once an went to change the tune an it did all this