PDA

View Full Version : E38 - Serial Lambda Logging - Custom BEN factor PID?

tunedportcj5
January 29th, 2012, 02:50 PM
I just switched over to E85 and I need to do some additional VVE and MAF cleanup. The CALC.BEN1_E38 PID won't work because the AFR data coming from the EXT.W02AFR1 is still calculated at 14.7 stoich and not 9.77. Obviously I need to use the EXT.W02LAM1 data. Shall I just create a custom PID and divide the data from SAE.LAMBDA? Is that the best approach?

Thanks!
David

swingtan
January 29th, 2012, 05:04 PM
If it's serial, then you should be able to program the WB controller with the correct Stoich point.

mr.prick
January 29th, 2012, 06:06 PM
"({ext.wo2lam1}/{sae.lambda})"

tunedportcj5
January 30th, 2012, 03:36 AM
If it's serial, then you should be able to program the WB controller with the correct Stoich point. I didn't know you could change the serial values. I was thinking only the analog outputs? I'll check it out!

tunedportcj5
January 30th, 2012, 03:37 AM
"({ext.wo2lam1}/{sae.lambda})"

Thats what I was thinking. Thanks Prick! ;-)

swingtan
January 30th, 2012, 10:28 AM
I know that with the Techegde, you can program quite a number of parameters in to the WB controller...

Serial frame rate.
Stoichiometric AFR value.
NB simulator curve shape.
additional I/P values ( the TE can also act as a data logger in its own right ).

I'd assume that any WB controller that allows for serial communication of AFR / Lambda / NB Simulation, would allow for a user configuration of the Stoich point.

Simon