PDA

View Full Version : Help with DSP5

JustinD
January 31st, 2012, 11:12 AM
I am helping a buddy, he bought a DSP5 switch and installed it, I reflashed the truck and all went well, but the tune isn't switching, I opened the scantool and it says 5.01v and never changes when I move the switch?? I looked over all the DSP related folders in my tune and it all looks ok, I did this exact setup in another 03 truck last summer, worked fine??? Could the switch be bad?? I thought I would setup my V2 to use it to switch the tunes and see if that works, then we will know rthe switch is bad. I had him take the ECM plugs out again and double check that the pins are in and the right places, all looks good. I believe he bought the switch from Dmax store. Anyone have any ideas?? I really appreicate the help. Thank you!

Brian1
January 31st, 2012, 11:44 AM
I would say the pin is in the wrong location. You can use an ohm meter to test the switch. If it changes to the correct resistance based on the pdf file on DSP then the switch is good. Might be best to test to the pins to confirm wire is not broken. Im pretty sure you had only one choice but to make sure you Full Flashed the tune to the ECM.

Brian

JustinD
January 31st, 2012, 12:08 PM
Ok, I'll recheck location and check it with a meter. Thank you.

JustinD
February 1st, 2012, 02:48 AM
Yes I full flashed the ECM to the new custom OS too.

THEFERMANATOR
February 1st, 2012, 07:22 AM
Are you SURE that the pins fully seated when you inserted them? Many people forget to pull the lock tab out when they put them in and they will not go in deep enough to contact the ECM pins.

JustinD
February 1st, 2012, 08:08 AM
I'm gonna have to check again, he installed the switch, so I'll double check.

Thanks!!

JustinD
February 1st, 2012, 08:11 AM
I think your right, never removed the pin lock. Thank you again.

THEFERMANATOR
February 1st, 2012, 10:17 AM
I think your right, never removed the pin lock. Thank you again.

It happens ALOT.