PDA

View Full Version : Problem pulling up PID list

boostedyards86
February 1st, 2012, 04:25 PM
In the scanner program I can't seem to pull up any pid's and don't understand what I'm doing wrong. Keeps saying i have the default pid file open I open the file with all the pid's and there is nothing for cummins in my file. Did I miss a download somewhere?

2006Cummins
February 1st, 2012, 07:28 PM
The only way that I have been able to do it is to be connected to the truck. You can then select which pid groups you want, and save them as your "cummins" group.

Mike

boostedyards86
February 3rd, 2012, 06:40 AM
i read your thread about you not getting pid's either. Seems we are having a slightly different problem. I cleared the PID's that come up automatically and I click say RPM and it says i can only select this by choosing PID groups from above... but there are no pid groups above.

MQ105
February 3rd, 2012, 09:21 AM
i read your thread about you not getting pid's either. Seems we are having a slightly different problem. I cleared the PID's that come up automatically and I click say RPM and it says i can only select this by choosing PID groups from above... but there are no pid groups above.

Does your scan tool screen look like this?

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s122/mq105/efi9.jpg

boostedyards86
February 6th, 2012, 06:23 PM
no it does not. PID file just says default, and Predefined PID groups are empty. Do I need to put it to default metric and then the PID groups pop up?

Blacky
February 6th, 2012, 07:44 PM
Have you selected a Cummins controller?
Use: File->Select Controller, then select either CMB or CMC
See the [Cummins] text in the screen shot above at the bottom of the window - you need to see that.

Regards
Paul

ScarabEpic22
February 6th, 2012, 07:45 PM
Have you actually connected to your Cummins ECM yet? Click the the green button in the upper left corner, then select the appropriate Cummins ECM. This is a Cummins-only deal, EFILive will default to the normal setup used in all GM vehicles.

boostedyards86
February 7th, 2012, 03:41 AM
yes i put the plug into to odII port, truck on, scanner open, then click green button to connect up and it asks if I'm using the Cummins CMB and I click yes, and then I'm at no man's land.

Ira
February 7th, 2012, 07:21 AM
Had this problem with a customer last night and re-installing 7.5 fixed it.

Ira

boostedyards86
February 7th, 2012, 07:00 PM
well thats an inconvenience but ok i suppose it wont hurt to try.