PDA

View Full Version : COS#3 ... Max MAP = 105kpa in the scanner?

turboberserker
January 28th, 2006, 10:28 AM
I have a 2bar map and am running COS#3. I noticed today that I slipped while trying to log some 0.0psi and hit 1-2psi a few times, which should have put me up into the 115kpa cells. In the scanner, however, the ben table only showed up to 105kpa (I made my labels through 285) and the max logged in the dashboard is also 105kpa and not 113kpa. The SAE MAP pid says it loggs to 255kpa...

MY C6301 is 194.0039 which makes my baro reading match the local ambient pressure.

Am I missing something here?

MN C5
January 28th, 2006, 10:53 AM
Erik,which PID are you reading? And did you setup a custom map in EFILive with the proper KPA column headings.. copy and paste with labels from Flashscan?

I'm using (0) Intake Manifold Absolute Pressure KPA

turboberserker
January 28th, 2006, 01:27 PM
Hey Dennis,

I'm using: Intake Manifold Absolute Pressure reading the SAE.MAP

I did set up custom BEN map, and copied the VE table map labels, and concatenated the Boost VE map labels so it shows 15-285kpa.

My idea was to set my VE table and use the same map for autotuning the boost ve table. The problem isn't localized to the BEN map, however -- my MAP guage in the dashboard (which also reads (0) Intake MAP based on the SAE.MAP) also seems to cap at 105.

What I'm wondering is if the sampling rate is too low to see these peaks.

MN C5
January 28th, 2006, 06:18 PM
Not sure I can help... Try switching to the GM.MAP or GM.BOOST

Keep me posted on how you get it to work.

GMPX
January 28th, 2006, 10:16 PM
Erik,

Do you have a log file with this problem you could please send to me....
ross at efilive dot com (I hate spam!)

Cheers,
Ross

turboberserker
January 29th, 2006, 03:41 AM
Email sent. Thanks Ross

Redline Motorsports
January 29th, 2006, 08:36 AM
Any outcome from this?? Sounds like similiar problems I had they I never straightend out!

GMPX
January 29th, 2006, 02:17 PM
Erik,

Can you please do another log for me with less PID's selected (you have too many to do AutoVE tuning).
Please just log -
SAE.RPM
SAE.MAP
SAE.TP
SAE.VSS
And switch the scanner over to Stream-Fast mode
Edit >> Properties >> Logging.
Then resend the log file to me.

Thanks,
Ross

turboberserker
January 29th, 2006, 02:32 PM
I'll make another log and will hold 2 psi for a bit to make sure it isn't a sample rate issue.

Is there a limit to the number of pids for autotuning? The guide just says something like "these are the minimum pids you need, you may want more" etc. Do more pids = slower sample rate?

GMPX
January 29th, 2006, 02:43 PM
I'll make another log and will hold 2 psi for a bit to make sure it isn't a sample rate issue.

Is there a limit to the number of pids for autotuning? The guide just says something like "these are the minimum pids you need, you may want more" etc. Do more pids = slower sample rate?

O.K, that's not 100% clear is it.
You ideally want to run fast-stream mode, then keep the number of channels below 24, once you go above that then things slow down. That's a PCM issue, the GM programmers only assign the PCM 'x' amount of time to perform diagnostic data, afterall, I guess running the engine is more important than scantool data!.

Cheers,
Ross

turboberserker
January 29th, 2006, 02:45 PM
Hehe yeah I guess the data isn't much good if its all zero due to the engine stalling out ;P

I'll try to get that log made tomorrow after work and emailed. Thanks again for taking a look.

turboberserker
January 30th, 2006, 06:13 AM
Well, logging with the reduced pids and on fast-stream eliminated the problem and I now see higher kPas.

Still wanna look at the logs Ross?

GMPX
January 30th, 2006, 11:27 AM
Well, logging with the reduced pids and on fast-stream eliminated the problem and I now see higher kPas.

Still wanna look at the logs Ross?

No, it's all good, now go have some fun :-)
Just remember to try to keep the PID count under 24 channels.

Cheers,
Ross

Redline Motorsports
January 30th, 2006, 05:06 PM
Ross,

Is each PID considered a channel?

Howard

GMPX
January 31st, 2006, 01:10 AM
Some take 1, some take 2, some take 0 !.
If you look at the colum in the PID selection called 'Channels' that will tell you how many channels each PID takes.
Also, down the bottom of the screen will be some text that says "Selected channels 24 of 96 maximum" , as you add / remove PID's that shows you the amount of channels taken up.

Cheers,
Ross

MN C5
February 3rd, 2006, 03:28 PM
Erik, I just hit the same wall. Did a little logging and at low boost KPA stopped at 105... I'm only using 21 channels, did you change anything else to get it to work?

I just changed my BEN table to match the Main VE and created a second (Efi map) for the BEN under boosted VE. I orignally combine both the main and boosted ve KPA values onto a single (efi map) because it seemed to make sense.

Also does anyone know why PID GM.BOOST comes up "is not a valid PID"

Damnations,,,,

turboberserker
February 3rd, 2006, 04:02 PM
Are you running in Stream-Fast mode?

Also, as I understand it, the only pid that will work is SAE.MAP.

I have very pids going -- the bare minimum for autotuning. I have one large BEN table with both VE maps in it.

Blacky
February 3rd, 2006, 04:30 PM
Also does anyone know why PID GM.BOOST comes up "is not a valid PID"
Damnations,,,,

Without looking, I would guess its a Duramax Turbo Diesel PID - not available on gas engines as gas engines (LS1/LS6) did not come with factory turbos.

You should use SAE.MAP to see the MAP on gas engines using our 2-3 bar custom OS.

To see the actual boost you could create a calculated PID that uses the expression: {SAE.MAP} - {GM.BARO}

Regards
Paul

MN C5
February 3rd, 2006, 04:39 PM
Are you running in Stream-Fast mode?

Also, as I understand it, the only pid that will work is SAE.MAP.

I have very pids going -- the bare minimum for autotuning. I have one large BEN table with both VE maps in it.

Looking up fast stream mode right now.... Yes its set to Stream-Fast...

I'm going to run around the block after changing my boost VE values to 5's and see if it is referencing the Boost VE table..

Be back in 10

turboberserker
February 4th, 2006, 05:59 PM
Dennis, either that's one heck of a block, or you got side tracked ;)

What's the verdict brotha?

MN C5
February 5th, 2006, 03:12 AM
LOL,,, I setup a new set of PID's using less channels and it was off to the races:banana: I've got the VE working to 10lbs of boost so far. Going to try get some additonal logging done today in an area SW of me that has long steep hills. And the boost will be going up to 15lbs..

At 10lbs its faster than I remember my 427 Radix being once I'm rolling.

I'm thinking about insulating the exhaust system to get more heat back to the turbo. The brakes won't hold the truck without boost. And having 500hp without boost it doesn't stay in 1st gear for two seconds. My TQ converter is a little to tight also. Its setup for the Radix I'll have to call Chuck at FLT and see what the stall is. What Converter are you running Erik? I had a 3200 Yank that blew up behind the Radix and that felt way to sloppy for my tastes.

turboberserker
February 5th, 2006, 06:34 AM
I'm using a PI 10.5" triple disk with a "turbo stator" that Chuck set up for me. The stator allows it to spool up the turbo, but otherwise acts like a lower stall. I think its a 3200.

I know what you mean about the gearing... It's a bit nutty to be in third gear before your eyes catch up to your foot ;)

Are you still running the stock exhaust manifolds? Might want to consider some thick, coated headers if so. I love the bassannis. I haven't wrapped anything yet, but then again am using a smaller turbine that feels like insta-boost -- not quite like a radish, but close enough ;)

BTW, you running a GT42-88? or 76?

MN C5
February 5th, 2006, 07:13 AM
I've got a GT42-82 or something close to that and ASM headers. I'm going to order the insulation Monday I'll let you know in the next week or so how it works out.