PDA

View Full Version : LB7 EFI LIVE with no real results

stevensca25
February 4th, 2012, 05:00 PM
I installed EFI live with the DSP5 switch on my LB7 that I resently purchased and I am not getting near the results that I beleive I should with my tunes. My dad just has a stock LB7 engine with the edge and that has much more power than my truck. This isn't making an sence to me, I changed the fuel filter with no results. any suggestions?

THEFERMANATOR
February 4th, 2012, 05:40 PM
Who did your tunes? Are you sure there switching between teh tunes and going to your hotter tunes? How many miles on teh trans? Is it slipping?

stevensca25
February 4th, 2012, 05:44 PM
ATP truck performance did my tunes and I did a scan and I know the volts are switching between the tunes. The truck just hit 80,000 miles.

stevensca25
February 4th, 2012, 05:51 PM
Yes it is installed correctly. I did the scan to check the voltages when i changed the switch and it did change as it should for each tune. I purchased my tunes and then full flashed them into the tune file. I also did contact them and they informed me to check my fuel filter which i changed. So I was looking for further help on here.

LB72004
February 4th, 2012, 05:53 PM
did they flash the tune or you. make sure the tune is FULL FLASHED otherwise the extra tables will not be loaded for DSP functionality

Jason

stevensca25
February 4th, 2012, 05:57 PM
yes I full flashed it with the tunes by clicking the thick read arrow all the way to the right and i ran the scan tool and the PIDS for the DSP voltage and DSP Tune and they showed the voltage and the tune changing

LB72004
February 4th, 2012, 06:18 PM
if you know that the switch is working correctly and it has been correctly full flashed with an upgraded DSP5 tune, how about, i don't know how familiar you are with EFI Live tuning, but have you tried comparing the DSP tables, specifically the DSP#1-4 main injection pulse (pilot & no pilot tables). compare the bottom right cells and see how much of a difference there is.

jason

stevensca25
February 4th, 2012, 06:22 PM
Im really not to sure how to do this. is there anything with the engine that could be doing this?

Dmaxink
February 4th, 2012, 06:24 PM
I would suggest contacting Rob...he has great customer support and I'm sure would fix you right up!

stevensca25
February 4th, 2012, 06:26 PM
I agree Rod is great I just havent had the time since I work 3rd shift. Everytime I have called they have been great though!

LB72004
February 4th, 2012, 06:40 PM
anything that would do that within the engine would probably cause a CEL.

to check the tune, open the tune with your EFI Live program and click [+] to expand the "EFILive custom calibrations". click on each one of the DSP programs to reveal the tables. if this is beyond you then i suggest going back to ATP truck performance or Rob to have them go over it.

i am also wandering if the tune was not made very aggressive to protect a stock transmission. the Edge programmer on the higher settings are not transmission safe. it will run strong but not for long

Jason

Brian1
February 5th, 2012, 06:46 AM
Have been watching the actual fuel rail pressure and seeing if it matching the commanded fuel rail pressure. If not and new fuel filter my only thoughts is a possible small fuel leak or you will be needing a lift pump to meet the demand of the tuning. But like mentioned above maybe Allison safety is there. If that is the case you can get rob to send you one that is less Allison concerned in safety but it will be all your problem if the Allison slips. The Allison is great stock power wise. Just have to really be careful or fully build one to handle the power.

Brian