PDA

View Full Version : Virtual VE tuning for E39, E78 & E83 done

GMPX
February 4th, 2012, 07:01 PM
Those who tune E38's and E67's with EFILive already know the one big advantage EFILive has over any other tuning software on the market is the ability to retune the VE coefficients as a real 3D map.
With EFILive there is no need to wait for custom OS's, your 'real' VE table isn't a 3D map full of 0's to begin with, and, most importantly, every OS for the E37, E38 & E67 can be tuned using our Virtual VE tables from 2006 to 2012.
Well, now EFILive's Virtual VE tuning system has been implemented for the next release candidate update for the E39, E78 & E83 ECM's. Given EFILive is currently the only PC based tuning program on the market to offer support for these ECM's, that would also make us the first to market with the ability to tune the VE coefficients for them too.

We've also put in the option to enter in cam angles so you can see what effect this will have on the VVE table.

Below is a couple of screen shots of Virtual VE tables from these new ECM's:

2011 Buick Regal 2.0L Turbo - E39 ECM

http://download.efilive.com/Software/Images/E39_VVE_Buick.png

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 1.4L Turbo - E78 ECM

http://download.efilive.com/Software/Images/E78_VVE_Cruze.png

swingtan
February 4th, 2012, 07:51 PM
Woo Hoo !!!!

How good is the cam angle option! I'm really looking forward to doing some E39 work and .me MAFless tests will be an excellent way to spend a few weekends.....
Keep up the good work guys.

Simon.

Dieselman
February 4th, 2012, 09:11 PM
Great work guys :cheers:

APS Luis
February 5th, 2012, 09:23 AM
Woo Hoo !!!!

How good is the cam angle option! I'm really looking forward to doing some E39 work and .me MAFless tests will be an excellent way to spend a few weekends.....
Keep up the good work guys.

Simon.

Poor Ella :)

GMPX
February 5th, 2012, 09:50 AM
How good is the cam angle option!
The cam angle option is just so you can see what changes it will make to the VE table, for a variety of reasons we only allow the re-generation of the coefficients if both cam angles equal 0.
Below is a demonstration on the LFW 3.0L SIDI V6 showing the influence the cam angles have.
First Intake = 0, Exhaust = 0
Then Intake = 0, Exhaust = 20
Then Intake = 20, Exhaust = 0
Then Intake = 20, Exhaust = 20

http://download.efilive.com/Software/Images/E39_LFW_VVE_CamPos_Change.gif

gmh308
February 6th, 2012, 02:43 AM
Very impressive!

GMPX
February 6th, 2012, 10:11 AM
I did have this crazy thought, would it be possible to create a desired cam position map for the highest VE numbers from the VVE tables? Would that actually relate to real world max airflow through the engine? In my demonstration above you can see the massive difference it makes to the VE numbers with 20 degrees on either cam.

Gimpster
February 6th, 2012, 02:16 PM
Ooooh, my 2012 Sonic begs for this magic :)

swingtan
February 6th, 2012, 03:02 PM
I guess we could use the DVT's on a dyno to test that out.........