PDA

View Full Version : CPS relearn

eboggs_jkvl
February 5th, 2012, 06:29 AM
I got to the controller, and the "activate" I don't see a learning sub tab where I can click "CASE"

E38 2007 corvette

Idling in drive way now.

Elmer

eboggs_jkvl
February 5th, 2012, 06:36 AM
I see
exhaust cam phase solenoid bank 1
exhaust cam phase solenoid bank 2
intake cam phase solenoid bank 1
intake cam phase solenoid bank 2

Right colimn
4 blocks for degrees with all of them showing 0 degrees

Brian1
February 5th, 2012, 06:46 AM
You mean an option next to the CASE like in the others you mention correct. Not just the CASE under the ECM Setup.

Brian

eboggs_jkvl
February 5th, 2012, 06:48 AM
Well while sitting here, I went into the ECM setup tab and found C.A.S.E.

Is that what you guys were referring to?

DVT - ECM Setup - Activate - CASE - 4000 roms - stumble, idle down - turn off engine - click deactivate

With possibly having my foot on the brake?

eboggs_jkvl
February 5th, 2012, 06:49 AM
Yes that is where I found it. So I can do the relearn with the above instructions?

Brian1
February 5th, 2012, 06:50 AM
Ok good you have it figured out.

Brian

eboggs_jkvl
February 5th, 2012, 06:55 AM
Did it twice. Did not fix my issue.

Thanks for responding

Elmer

swingtan
February 5th, 2012, 09:52 AM
What's the problem ?

eboggs_jkvl
February 5th, 2012, 09:59 AM
What's the problem ?

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-forced-induction-nitrous/2690856-dieseling-condition-with-e-force.html Long and challenging. Best improvement so far was new 65 FAST injectors. I'm having high boost and KR now that I'm running the new replacement SC. We're looking to check the CATs to see if I'm plugged. I have a larger SC pulley in hand to pull back on the boost of the CATs are clear. I'm putting on LG hEaders this week too. Sigh...

Elmer

eboggs_jkvl
February 5th, 2012, 10:10 AM
Here too but this refers back to the same big thread on the corvette forum http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?14455-Dieseling&highlight=

eboggs_jkvl
February 6th, 2012, 03:44 AM
Only in the interest of learning do I ask this question. The CPS relearn done here, instructs the resetter (me) to do stuff to get to the select "CASE" and then put my foot on the brake and raise the RPMs to >4000 within 10 seconds. As I hold the RPMs, I feel a "miss", I immediately release the throttle and idle down, turn off engine, click deactivate, wait 15 seconds, and I'm done. Ok, that's what you guys say will relearn the CPS. Why then does the GM procedure to do this function call for a WOT run to where the fuel is cut off and then you idle and do stuff (All instructions found here per GM: http://www.ls2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=880881 )

The question? Why is lower 4000 RPMs doing the relearn and the WOT requirement needed per GM?

Keep the answer really, really, simple. Remember, you're talking to the Jacksonville Geezer!

TIA

Elmer

gmh308
February 6th, 2012, 04:16 AM
Only in the interest of learning do I ask this question. The CPS relearn done here, instructs the resetter (me) to do stuff to get to the select "CASE" and then put my foot on the brake and raise the RPMs to >4000 within 10 seconds. As I hold the RPMs, I feel a "miss", I immediately release the throttle and idle down, turn off engine, click deactivate, wait 15 seconds, and I'm done. Ok, that's what you guys say will relearn the CPS. Why then does the GM procedure to do this function call for a WOT run to where the fuel is cut off and then you idle and do stuff (All instructions found here per GM: http://www.ls2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=880881 )

The question? Why is lower 4000 RPMs doing the relearn and the WOT requirement needed per GM?

Keep the answer really, really, simple. Remember, you're talking to the Jacksonville Geezer!

TIA

Elmer

Hey Elmer, it just means put the pedal to the metal. The initial words are an overview of what needs to be done, then it steps through the real steps.

eboggs_jkvl
February 6th, 2012, 04:21 AM
I understand WOT but WOT is not used in the instructions on this site. A simple RPM roll up to over 4K is all that is stated. Do I really need to hammer it to WOT? I put my foot on the brake and ran the RPM up (Not a WOT throttle press) just rolled it up to over 4K and held it about 4500 and I felt the "miss". I assumed that I performed the necessary tasks to rest the CPS. Did I not really do the relearn because I didn't go WOT to get the "miss"?