PDA

View Full Version : 2001 Silverado Magnacharger tune.

kostelacd69
February 7th, 2012, 04:55 AM
Ok guys. took my turboed 402 out and went to a stock 5.3 with a mp112. just wanted to see if anyone had a Magnacharger tune just for me to compare to. I have never seen one and was wondering what they did. i already tuned mine just was bored and want to see if i could find one.

ForcedTQ
February 9th, 2012, 01:30 PM
I don't know for sure if this would work with your ECM, but it's something to look at. Not sure if this was what originally came off the Magnacharger tuner or not.

kostelacd69
February 10th, 2012, 03:00 AM
thanks. found the stock OS for that and its a 2004. close enough I guess to get a Idea on what they changed. Thanks

The Alchemist
June 4th, 2012, 07:25 PM
Question: I believe from looking at the magnacharger Calcs that they still use the MAF sensor and use that for full load fueling as they retain the factory MAP sensor that only reads Vacuum and not boost? Is this correct.
I've only ever tuned E38 based supercharged Holdens and use a 2bar map Sensor and recalibrate the scalars.... etc

Mike

kostelacd69
June 4th, 2012, 08:50 PM
Yup only vac. Still runs stock MAF and MAP. It works great imo as long as you dont max out the MAF Frez.
FYI I install my extra 2 bar map sensor just to see if it would read boost on the stock OS and it does not read, Even with all the right PID's.

BLK02WS6
June 4th, 2012, 09:29 PM
The canned tunes that they use are okay as long as you have a totally stock vehicle - and I mean not so much as a catback! I dynoed a couple that came in with the canned tune just to see how things looked and so I could show the customer the difference. The one truck had only a catback and was very lean because the canned tune didn't take into account any mods... picked up a decent amount of torque and power (not to mention made it safer on the engine)...

Low boost blowers can be tuned pretty well with the MAF, but for turbos, I would go 2 Bar for better fueling control - boost isn't as linear as with a blower...

tokymon
June 5th, 2012, 01:33 AM
ya they use maf for fueling the last couple i have seen are a little lean at bottom and really rich at top end (like 9:1 afr)
they must have changed there tune to account for user mods

The Alchemist
June 6th, 2012, 05:24 PM
out of interest what 2 or 3 bar sensors do you guys use then. Useful info to have on EFILIVE for others.
Part numbers, map ratings, scalar settings etc etc . Hard to find info. Also where to get those short plug adaptor looms....

Mike

BLK02WS6
June 6th, 2012, 09:36 PM
I never purchased the sensors - either the shop I tuned for, or the customer supplied the sensor - so I don't have part numbers...
As for the scaler, I would check to see what MAP read was with the stock sensor, then install the new sensor and use the scaler in the Custom OS tutorial (190 for 2 Bar and 288 for 3 Bar) as a starting point. Being that I am close to sea level, mine would require only slight adjustment to make the MAP value equal what it was with the stock sensor...
Never had to use an adapter loom...

Edit - did a search and the Cobalt sensor that most use is GM part# 12580698...