PDA

View Full Version : New to Efi

rebuelta22
February 8th, 2012, 04:31 AM
Whats a quick and easy way to start off tuning my tune now is pretty quick but has way to much smoke..... And why won't it let me set my tire size on my truck? Also my vin number reads that I have a lly but the efi reads as a Lbz makes no sense to me can some one explain?

Dmaxink
February 8th, 2012, 05:08 AM
I'm assuming you have a 06 LLY which is actually a detuned LBZ...go bout your tuning methods as though (which it is) it is a lbz...starlight tuning has some tutorial books for purchase, and i have a free video download from my website that may help you get started.

Gregs
February 8th, 2012, 11:49 AM
Do a google search for mcrats 20/20 tune, thats where I started

rebuelta22
February 9th, 2012, 01:39 PM
ok guys thanks i will do that... the guy helping with my tuning had a lb7 that put down 731 rwhp on jeff garmons dyno and i think we are trying to pump to much to my truck considering he had a suncoast tranny and a bigger fuel pump and other mods that i dont have yet..

Gregs
February 9th, 2012, 04:58 PM
ok guys thanks i will do that... the guy helping with my tuning had a lb7 that put down 731 rwhp on jeff garmons dyno and i think we are trying to pump to much to my truck considering he had a suncoast tranny and a bigger fuel pump and other mods that i dont have yet..

hey man, i made a tune for a buddy of mine a while back but he ended up selling the truck so I never got to see how it ran. Its posted up here:

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?17398-critique-my-tune&highlight=

I would love to see how it runs if you wanted to give it a try. Its based off McRats 20/20 tune that i pepped up and smoothed out. It would probably be a good base to start off of. If you try it out let me know how it goes!

a stock tranny's limit is about 100hp over stock. Be careful

rebuelta22
February 13th, 2012, 03:44 PM
hey man, i made a tune for a buddy of mine a while back but he ended up selling the truck so I never got to see how it ran. Its posted up here:

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?17398-critique-my-tune&highlight=

I would love to see how it runs if you wanted to give it a try. Its based off McRats 20/20 tune that i pepped up and smoothed out. It would probably be a good base to start off of. If you try it out let me know how it goes!

a stock tranny's limit is about 100hp over stock. Be careful

aight man i appreciate it ill let you know as soon as we get time to put it on