PDA

View Full Version : LB7 Autocal DSP Beta??

boaty3
February 8th, 2012, 08:33 AM
Is EFILive looking for beta testers for the Autocal in developing the DSP switching? Id be interested in volunteering for that.

GMPX
February 8th, 2012, 09:02 AM
Thanks but no thanks, we've been testing that in house over the last few weeks.

boaty3
February 8th, 2012, 09:11 AM
OK, I have a question then, if I buy a Autocal unit today when they DSP switching becomes available for the Autocal on a LB7 can the Autocal unit I buy today be updated to support the DSP5 switching? I wanna run a DSP5 switch but if a new Autocal unit will have to be purchased when the switching is supported I am gonna wait. Thanks!

Blacky
February 8th, 2012, 09:33 AM
The AutoCal device is already capable of switching tunes on the LB7 and LLY DSP5 tunes.

Regards
Paul

boaty3
February 8th, 2012, 09:40 AM
Yes but at this point in time to switch tunes you must connect the autocal and do so right? I'm asking about a DSP5 switch mounted in the dash. Its my understanding that at this time the autocal doesn't support using a DSP5 switch on a lb7.

Blacky
February 8th, 2012, 09:58 AM
Yes but at this point in time to switch tunes you must connect the autocal and do so right? I'm asking about a DSP5 switch mounted in the dash. Its my understanding that at this time the autocal doesn't support using a DSP5 switch on a lb7.

If you have a switch on the dash, then obviously you don't need either FlashScan or AutoCal connected to switch the tune.
Maybe what you're talking about is the ability to have the AutoCal device be able to upgrade a non-DSP5 ECM to a DSP5 ECM in an LB7 and/or LLY. That is something that AutoCal is currently not able to do. I.e. to do that upgrade AutoCal needs to be able to full-flash the ECM. Currently AutoCal can only cal-flash the ECM. Cal-flashing is enough to update ECMs with existing DSP5 tunes but not enough to upgrade a non DSP5 ECM to a DSP5 ECM.

However, as Ross said in the second post we have just finished developing that capability (full-flashing) for AutoCal and it is currently being tested in-house.

The existing AutoCal units are able to be easily upgraded to include the full-flash capability (as always the upgrade are free).
Once we release that capability, all you will need to do is download and install the V8 software that contains the full-flash update for LB7 and LLY, then upgrade the AutoCal firmware.

Regards
Paul

boaty3
February 8th, 2012, 10:16 AM
Yep! That's what I was asking. My truck is stock ecm wise and I want to be able to install a dsp5 switch and I want to have a autocal because I really don't want to have to send my ECM in and have a dead truck for a while. Thank u ill go ahead and get a autocal unit now and update and flash my ECM later and ill install a dsp5 switch at that time.

boaty3
March 5th, 2012, 05:24 AM
I found out this morning my Autocal unit has finally shipped and I will receive it shortly. How is the testing going on the LB7 Ecm as far as getting the Autocals capable of full flashing the ECM for DSP switching?? Just curious I can't wait to have a DSP switch in the dash for easier switching.

Blacky
March 5th, 2012, 07:57 AM
The LB7 full-flash for AutoCal (and FlashScan) is part of the next RC10 release due out this week.
Regards
Paul

boaty3
March 5th, 2012, 08:15 AM
EXCELLENT NEWS!!!!! Thank you! Pardon my ignorance on the subject, but, when the release does come out, where do I look for the news of its release? Also how will I go about updating my Autocal unit with this software? Keep in mind I'm a consumer not a programmer so I don't get the info the programmers yall sell to get. Thanks again!!
Cole

Blacky
March 5th, 2012, 08:29 AM
EXCELLENT NEWS!!!!! Thank you! Pardon my ignorance on the subject, but, when the release does come out, where do I look for the news of its release? Also how will I go about updating my Autocal unit with this software? Keep in mind I'm a consumer not a programmer so I don't get the info the programmers yall sell to get. Thanks again!!
Cole

Beta and pre-release updates are posted here:
http://forum.efilive.com/forumdisplay.php?71-Software-Updates-and-Installation-Help
Those updates may have small issues that are still being worked out.

Once the product is ready for public release it is posted on our download page here:
http://www.efilive.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48&Itemid=133

There are two ways to update the firmware in Autocal and FlashScan:
1. If the firmware version in the V8 software that is installed is higher than the version in your device, the first time you run the EFILive V8 software with your device connected the software will pop-up a window asking you to upgrade the firmware. You just click on the [Upgrade] button and it all gets done automatically.

2. If you have auto firmware update notification turned off, or you want to change to firmware that has the same version as what is already on your device then you must manually program the firmware into your device. To do that, run the V8 EFILive Explorer program and on the [Firmware] tab page, select the firmware file that you want to program and click [Program].

Regards
Paul

boaty3
March 5th, 2012, 08:46 AM
Ok lol. At this point I'll wait till the Autocal unit gets here and I see the release notes on your site but essentially from what I gather I open the EFI software on my computer, plug the autocal unit in and it will update itself? Or will I have to download the update and have that saved on my computer? The Autocal will have 5 tunes loaded in it from my programmer, those tunes won't get lost will they? They will remain on the unit correct?

Blacky
March 5th, 2012, 08:55 AM
Ok lol. At this point I'll wait till the Autocal unit gets here and I see the release notes on your site but essentially from what I gather I open the EFI software on my computer, plug the autocal unit in and it will update itself? Or will I have to download the update and have that saved on my computer? The Autocal will have 5 tunes loaded in it from my programmer, those tunes won't get lost will they? They will remain on the unit correct?

You should really check with the tuner that supplies the AutoCal what version of software and firmware you should be running. It will need to be compatible with the files that he has programmed onto the unit and that he may send to you in the future. Updating the firmware will not cause you to lose any tune files.

Regards
Paul

boaty3
March 5th, 2012, 09:10 AM
Yep will do. I'll wait till I see the release notes in the downloads page and call my tuner. Thanks for all your help! Much Much appreciated!