PDA

View Full Version : WHEEEEW! The BOMB'r is in the 10's'

DoghouseDiesel
February 11th, 2012, 12:33 PM
Video will follow shortly, we're getting dinner.

She got the fugg down!

Here's the time slip. I did red light on this pass. I was running Pro Tree and for some reason they dropped a regular tree on me.

7200 lbs street truck into the 10's baby!

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll189/Cumminalong/ccae5a1b.jpg

osiris
February 11th, 2012, 12:50 PM
Thats awesome Rich! Looking forward to seeing the video. :jump:

flat_lander
February 11th, 2012, 01:01 PM
Holy Hand Grenades Batman! Can't wait for the footage.

DoghouseDiesel
February 11th, 2012, 02:51 PM
Here's a few pics from today.

I'm working on the video now.

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll189/Cumminalong/Truck%20Pictures/Slide1-179.jpg

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll189/Cumminalong/Truck%20Pictures/Slide2-178.jpg

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll189/Cumminalong/Truck%20Pictures/Slide3-139.jpg

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll189/Cumminalong/Truck%20Pictures/Slide4-98.jpg

triton
February 11th, 2012, 03:26 PM
Nice job man. Was that with just some tune adjustments from the last time you ran ? Did you leave those 200hp sticks in ?

FUBAR
February 11th, 2012, 03:31 PM
Congrats man! That's gotta be a great fulfilling feeling...

DoghouseDiesel
February 11th, 2012, 04:05 PM
Nice job man. Was that with just some tune adjustments from the last time you ran ? Did you leave those 200hp sticks in ?

Ty, this was just a couple of adjustments at the track. It's still my same basic tune, I just brought in a little more fuel on top.

Make a pass, read the data log, adjust, make a pass.

And no, this is not with the 200's, I swapped everything back yesterday. I wanted to retorque the head studs and lash the valves anyways. Those 200's were WAY too much for the air I'm pushing.

triton
February 11th, 2012, 04:29 PM
Ty, this was just a couple of adjustments at the track. It's still my same basic tune, I just brought in a little more fuel on top.

And no, this is not with the 200's, I swapped everything back yesterday. I wanted to retorque the head studs and lash the valves anyways. Those 200's were WAY too much for the air I'm pushing.

Cool. I figured it was your basic tune, just wondered if that's the only change from your last run, which I don't believe was in the 10's. Well that's a double WOW then ! Imagine those sticks with more air :Eyecrazy:

DoghouseDiesel
February 11th, 2012, 04:50 PM
The last time I had the truck on the 1/4 was in Atlanta. This was when we still hadn't found all the limiters for the fueling and it was making the truck run a 13 flat. I swapped it back to my dyno tuned SSR tune and it only went 11.6X, if I remember right.

The last time I really got down on the truck was right after I dyno'd it in with this tune and on the 1/8th it went a 6.99, with is a high 10.80 - low 10.90, so it went right where it should have.

This is one of the reasons I like running the bottle. I can still have the street manners of smaller turbos and when I REALLY want to get down on it, just crack the valve.

I have the turbos that I was gonna use on the half ton sitting here; an S475 and a Garrett 4718 (88mm). I think I may pick up a Steed Speed manifold and put those on this truck.....MUWAHAHAHA.

DoghouseDiesel
February 11th, 2012, 05:18 PM
Here's the video....EFILive FTW!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4t93rUIB5E&hd=1

GMPX
February 11th, 2012, 06:07 PM
That's awesome Rich, proof that a Cummins doesn't to simulate a Russian Diesel train (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEETEOcQW90) to run fast.

DoghouseDiesel
February 12th, 2012, 03:37 AM
That's awesome Rich, proof that a Cummins doesn't to simulate a Russian Diesel train (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEETEOcQW90) to run fast.

Yeah, the only reason it's smoking at all is because it's my nitrous tune, and I have it fueled a little heavier on top.

As soon as I spray it, that all goes away.

SilverBullet
February 12th, 2012, 12:46 PM
WOW...that is awesome Rich, great job, great video. God im gonna love EFI live, just counting downthe hours until i have it in my hands.

DoghouseDiesel
February 12th, 2012, 01:16 PM
WOW...that is awesome Rich, great job, great video. God im gonna love EFI live, just counting downthe hours until i have it in my hands.

Just to compare the difference in my fastest time with SSR and what it does now.....

With my dyno tuned SSR setup (exactly the same configuration as the truck is now), the fastest 1/4 it did was a 11.6X in Atlanta.

With my EFILive tune, it's doing 10.897. Let's just say 11.6 to 10.9 and you're talking 7/10th's faster.

There's gonna be some hurt feelings this year.

2007 5.9
February 12th, 2012, 01:47 PM
Its amazing how fast trucks were with Smarty...but now the gloves are OFF!!!

People have ZERO idea what real CR power is...but they are about to be slapped silly.

I love the old school 12v guys...Ive got a 900hp 12v that runs 10's...

Thats cool but how about i bring my 10 sec CR to your house, tow your 10sec 12v to the track...change tires, spank your azz, then tow you home??

Ive got a 12v guy at my shop who is dead on his 12v and calling our trucks the "Common Fails"...lol. The I ask him, howlong does it take to go from your tune at the track to a tow tune...he says a plate change (20min) and its good...I say thats cool...i dont gotta do shit. lol

Congrats Rich...much deserved.

SilverBullet
February 12th, 2012, 02:13 PM
Just to compare the difference in my fastest time with SSR and what it does now.....

With my dyno tuned SSR setup (exactly the same configuration as the truck is now), the fastest 1/4 it did was a 11.6X in Atlanta.

With my EFILive tune, it's doing 10.897. Let's just say 11.6 to 10.9 and you're talking 7/10th's faster.

There's gonna be some hurt feelings this year.

it looks as though there was a pretty healthy wind at the truck also......

EFI live is flat out bad news for all the other s out there.

congrats again.

DoghouseDiesel
February 12th, 2012, 03:33 PM
Yeah, there was a nasty closswind coming from the 8 o'clock.

You could see it pushing cars to the right.

Smoken Gun
February 12th, 2012, 09:54 PM
Thats cool but how about i bring my 10 sec CR to your house, tow your 10sec 12v to the track...change tires, spank your azz, then tow you home?? How about you bring your 10 sec CR to my house and leave it here permanently Les. You can take my pile 12-valve off my hands, i'll even throw in my 6.0L F-250 for free:grin:. I am being serious here. Pretty please? Haha.

Congrates Rich! That thing is moving! I love how clean you have it running, big points in my book. Heavy amounts black smoke completely disgusts me these days.

The only diesels I want be involved with in the future are common rails (and some high pressure unit injection engines, if the tuning is there). I want good manners. I love how clean they can run with complementary parts and precision tuning, all while making excellent power!

Duramax 6.6L
February 13th, 2012, 06:34 AM

Is that with the factory sticks in or over sized sticks.

triton
February 13th, 2012, 01:02 PM
Is that with the factory sticks in or over sized sticks.

if I remember correctly, he has 90hp sticks

DoghouseDiesel
February 13th, 2012, 01:43 PM
The injectors are DDP 160's nozzles.

The bodies are the OEM's.

triton
February 13th, 2012, 02:00 PM
The injectors are DDP 160's nozzles.

The bodies are the OEM's.

I sure was off.... yours aren't that much smaller than mine then. I guess enough to make a bit of a tuning difference though.

DoghouseDiesel
February 13th, 2012, 02:15 PM
You'd be surprised how much of a difference it really is.

The first set of injectors in the truck were 90's and the truck did 626 hp. This set, with no other changes to the truck, put down 742 with an S06. What should have been 70 hp was actually about 120.

That difference alone made bigger turbos necessary.

It doesn't take much with injectors, especially with what we can do now. I'll use Jeffs 6.7 for example....that truck absolutely DOES NOT like added fuel pressure. Any added pressure just floods the motor and it cold burns and you get nothing but white smoke from all the raw fuel. That thing is a nightmare to tune in.

triton
February 13th, 2012, 02:26 PM
You'd be surprised how much of a difference it really is.

The first set of injectors in the truck were 90's and the truck did 626 hp. This set, with no other changes to the truck, put down 742 with an S06. What should have been 70 hp was actually about 120.

That difference alone made bigger turbos necessary.

It doesn't take much with injectors, especially with what we can do now. I'll use Jeffs 6.7 for example....that truck absolutely DOES NOT like added fuel pressure. Any added pressure just floods the motor and it cold burns and you get nothing but white smoke from all the raw fuel. That thing is a nightmare to tune in.

Don't know a thing about Jeff's truck. If there's a S510 on it though.... I can just imagine the injector size and bet tuning isn't easy.

DoghouseDiesel
February 13th, 2012, 02:33 PM
It'll have a 510 on it here VEEEERY shortly.

That thing is gonna need some SERIOUS rear suspension work done when I get through with it.

I told him with that single he has right now, 800 would reasonable and he want's to add a 510 under it.

That thing is gonna be a handful to put the power down with.

someguy
February 15th, 2012, 06:51 PM
That thing is moving! I love how clean you have it running, big points in my book. Heavy amounts black smoke completely disgusts me these days. +11111111111 !!!!

What kind of traction bar are you running ? Is it a single bar going forward to the center of the truck ?