PDA

View Full Version : GM.IAC_LTD_DMA and GM.IAC_STD_DMA are Invalid PIDs

wcj
February 12th, 2012, 04:43 AM
Im trying to go through the RAFIG process but I cant get these pids to be valid for some reason. Any suggestions?

My calibration is 12593358.calz

Attached my pids.

joecar
February 12th, 2012, 07:30 AM
That OS may not have those pids defined.

Did you enter your VIN, select your controller, and do Validate Pids...?

wcj
February 12th, 2012, 09:02 AM
Yeah. If the OS doesnt have the pids defined, how can I fix it?

joecar
February 12th, 2012, 04:43 PM
What vehicle do you have...?
What PCM is in it...?

If you have the 0411 PCM, then you can change the OS to one that has those pids defined, for example 12212156.

wcj
February 12th, 2012, 05:10 PM
It's an '03 vette.

Im not sure about the PCM, how do I find out?

The Alchemist
March 27th, 2012, 08:40 AM
Same here, was just about to do the RAFIG process on a cammed VY 03 holden and these are no longer supported PIDS?
maybe missed in the latest update????? Can this be fixed please.

wcj
March 27th, 2012, 09:03 AM
I ended up changing my OS to one that supported the pids I needed. Since it was my first time changing OS, I was all kinds of paranoid with all the RED warnings.

joecar
March 27th, 2012, 10:58 AM
I ended up changing my OS to one that supported the pids I needed. Since it was my first time changing OS, I was all kinds of paranoid with all the RED warnings.Hi wcj,

can you post what you did and how it worked out...

[ the RED warnings are there to make a person think and check things out before proceeding; yes they are scarey at first ]

wcj
March 27th, 2012, 05:06 PM
Hi wcj,

can you post what you did and how it worked out...

[ the RED warnings are there to make a person think and check things out before proceeding; yes they are scarey at first ]

I found a stock OS (12221588) used on other vettes that supported the GM.IAC_LTD_DMA and GM.IAC_STD_DMA pids first. My original OS was (12593358) and it didnt support these pids.

The first thing I did was change the VIN in the new OS to the VIN of my car. I heard if you dont do this, there could be BCM issues. Dont know if this is true or not, didnt want to find out. Next, since my tables are not close to stock, I manually copied over every table from my current OS to the new OS to make sure Im starting with the same tune on the a new OS. Once I double checked that all my tables were identical, I plugged the sucker up to the car, turned off my radio, AC, and cleared any DIC warnings (not sure if this is needed but I didnt want to take any chances locking up the PCM). Once I was hooked up to the obdii port, I started up EFILive, loaded the new OS and selected to flash tune and OS. I dont usually do this, but this time, I actually read all the warnings and said a prayer before I clicked away.

While it was flashing, I did not move an inch while sitting in the car (now that I think about it, I should have just ran the cable out of my window and not been in the car) for fear I may bump something and interrupt the flashing. When it was all said and done, it only took about 3-5 minutes. Once the timer counted down and I was cleared to turned the ignition on to start the car I said one more prayer, held my breath and turned the key. Once the car started, I started to breathe again.

Manually copying over all of the tables took the longest. Im assuming there was a faster way, but I havent got a clue how so I did it the only way I knew it would be done right.

After the OS swap, I logged some RAFIG and surprisingly, my table was only off 1-1.5 at most temps logged. The car ran great and idle was nice. I still had some lite bucking while driving in high gear while around 900-1200 rpm. I had planned to take on the throttle follower/cracker next, but decided to go SD only.

Now Im messing around with SD only tune for E10 gas and that's actually made a huge difference in drive-ability. The low rpm/high gear bucking is all but gone. Idle is smoother as well. Now Im working on recovering some lost fuel mileage from the 50lb injectors.

joecar
March 27th, 2012, 09:41 PM
Ok, good job :cheers: thanks for posting your steps, methodical and considers the big picture, that's exactly how I would have done it.

MyM8V8
March 28th, 2012, 11:48 PM
I know what he means about the, just sitting there dead quiet and not moving, bit.