PDA

View Full Version : KOEO check engine lamp flashing- E67 GMPP ECM

95wagon
February 12th, 2012, 12:34 PM
Hello, could someone verify the lamp operation?
The car-project is not to the point of running yet but I am going through and checking the operation of things.
The engine is a GMPP LS7; harness based on GMPP with an LS7 programmed E67.

When turning the key to the on position, the check engine lamp flashes, as opposed to just being on

From what I read,in the KOEO postion, many ECM's after 05 will flash the lamp if the emission tests have not yet run.
Of course, as the engine has never fired, a number of tests do come back as not run.
No codes are stored,

Also, with an E67 , should I be able to see MAF readings if I blow air across it?
Or does ECM not register the airflow if it does not see that the engine is actually turning?

I checked the wiring and it looks to be correct comparing to other GM cars using this MAF
The air temp is reading, the MAF gets warm; the air temp will change if I blow over it.
But no MAF readings.

Thanks for any help
Gerry

Taz
February 12th, 2012, 12:53 PM
Hello Gerry,

What DTCs are being set ?

Do you have all inputs (TB / APP / MAP / CKP / CMP) connected to the E67 when powering it up - or are you trying this on a bench with just some of the components connected ?

Regarding the emission readiness tests - the few GMPP controllers I have seen have the associated DTCs set to "Not Reported" - which should cause the readiness tests to complete immediately (if these run at all in a GMPP controller).

You stated the harness was "based on" a GMPP harness - which means it isn't an actual GMPP setup. Are you running an actual GMPP E67, or a production E67 with an LS7 calibration loaded ?

Regards,
Taz

95wagon
February 12th, 2012, 01:42 PM
Hi, thanks for the reply
No DTCs are being set or reported

The harness is on the car with everything connected

With a SnapOn Solice it says,
"MIL request by DTC /NO"

HO2S/ O2s test enabled
HO2S/ O2s test NOT COMPLETED ( hoping this is the reason for the flashing as opposed to steady on)

It was a complete GMPP "install kit"
Harness, sensors, LS7 controller in one big box.

I say based on , as the harness was mostly taken apart to remove things, add Evap, AC, man trans controls etcetera, while using the production car pass throughs , fuse box and stuff.
Was a good thing as inside the GMPP harness I found ripped , chafed wires (THANKS GM)

It uses the 12576410 MAF
which as I said I re checked the wiring
A yellow sensor return to ECM C2-67
B black ground
C red power
E tan temp
F tan temp
Did not retrace the tan wires today but the temp works as , one would have to think they are fine.

Thanks again for your help
Gerry

Taz
February 12th, 2012, 03:28 PM
That MAF part number cross checks as 2005-2007 Saturn part - most blade MAFs are similar. Thought the E-Rod kit came with MAF 15865791 - yours is probably a comparable substitution.

Yes ...the wiring harnesses mass produced in Mexico can be interesting. I purchase new Gen IV harnesses from GM and rework these as necessary. Miles of electrical tape wrapped around the harness trunk and branches - takes a couple of hours just to remove the tape. And sometimes there are chafed / damaged wires.

Hadn't looked at an E-Rod tune in a while - most of the readiness tests are indeed active in the calibration.

Do you own a V2 ? If so, you should be able to adjust these as necessary for the vehicle / emissions requirements in your area.

Regards,
Taz

gmh308
February 13th, 2012, 02:14 AM
All new E38/67 ECM's flash the MIL until they are started for the first time. Then they are no longer factory new :)

From memory the MAF needs to see engine rpm before it registers. But that is a dim memory. :)

Taz
February 13th, 2012, 02:33 AM
Hello Ian,

Its 8:30 AM Monday here ... if my math is correct its 12:30 AM Tuesday for you - great minds never sleep !!! (although they may nod off on the sofa once in a while).

Cheers,
Taz

gmh308
February 13th, 2012, 03:02 AM
LOL. I fall asleep every time I sit still for 5 minutes. :)