PDA

View Full Version : Anyone who can still access our web site...

Blacky
January 29th, 2006, 11:00 PM
Apologies for the "Bandwidth Error", we are changing over from one web host to another and the timings were out by about 24 hours. It all shoul dbe back up and running again tomorrow.
Meanwhile, here's a few shots of the new web site...

Paul

Black02SS
January 30th, 2006, 12:21 AM
Looks great, can't wait!

TAQuickness
January 30th, 2006, 05:36 AM
:drool:

Awesome work guys. Looking forward to seeing the new site.

Tordne
January 30th, 2006, 06:56 AM
That looks pretty Flash[Scan], sorry that was the best I could do :banana:

joecar
January 30th, 2006, 09:02 AM
:coool::rockon::cheers::wave:

Dirk Diggler
January 30th, 2006, 09:05 AM
Looks cool. Good job

johnsZ06
February 2nd, 2006, 02:05 AM
Looks very nice! Makes me want to take a holiday to Kiwi land! :cheers:

TAQuickness
February 4th, 2006, 09:59 AM
New site is going to be up this weekend right? OZ or US weekend? Looking forward to it.

Blacky
February 4th, 2006, 10:15 AM
Well, here's the thing. Friday night (36 hours ago) the DNS changes were (evidently) done. I was told it would take a while for the changes to propagate around the world - up to 48 hours. Unless someone hasn't changed something they were supposed to, then the new site should start showing up at www.efilive.com very soon.

Anyone who knows care to explain how/why the DNS propagation thing works?

Regards
Paul

TAQuickness
February 4th, 2006, 11:02 AM
DNS = Dynamic Name Server - That's all I know

Tordne
February 4th, 2006, 11:07 AM
Well, here's the thing. Friday night (36 hours ago) the DNS changes were (evidently) done. I was told it would take a while for the changes to propagate around the world - up to 48 hours. Unless someone hasn't changed something they were supposed to, then the new site should start showing up at www.efilive.com very soon.

Anyone who knows care to explain how/why the DNS propagation thing works?

Regards
Paul

I can tell you anything you want to know about DNS :)

Ordinarily the change "should" only take approx. 24 hours as the DNS (Domain Name Service) zone files are rebuild each night. Most say it can take up to 72 hours, but I've never seen it take that long.

There are a number of things that would need to have been done correctly for the change to occur, especially if you are changing hosting providers etc (which I believe you are for the new site).

Give me a yell if ya like and I can help ya out. PM me and I'll give you my phone number if you don't already have it.

Cheers,