PDA

View Full Version : Cannot Erase the ECM

Sledhead
February 13th, 2012, 01:33 PM
I downloaded the current builds today onto a new laptop with hopes of installing a new tune. I updated both V7.5.7 and V8.2.1 successfully and then updated the firmware on my V2 successfully. Bootblocker didn't need updating.

I pulled the radio, info and radio amp fuses. I successfully read the DSP5 tune currently in the truck and saved it. I then did a full flash TEST which went through the whole routine and reported success. Truck started fine. Then I tried doing a full flash for real but got an error message; Cannot Erase the ECM Memory, Reason: (blank). I got the bad Transfer was stopped, do not remove power message.

Good news: truck still runs. Bad News: I can't get my new (Single, Non DSP tune flashed in) Perhaps it is a discrepancy with OS?
I will email the transcript and trace file to support.

Here is the transcript. 12681

GMPX
February 13th, 2012, 01:41 PM
The only time I've known people to have issues during the erase is when the IGN key is not all the way to the 'on' position, don't flash with it just to 'Accy'.

Sledhead
February 14th, 2012, 03:56 PM
The only time I've known people to have issues during the erase is when the IGN key is not all the way to the 'on' position, don't flash with it just to 'Accy'.

Bingo! Nervous for the Big Flash I guess. It flashed fine today thanks for the help. Figgen'barassed

Brian1
February 15th, 2012, 11:09 AM
I may be wrong but I do not think you can fully read out a DSP tune from any ECM. Hopefully you have the full tune from another source if the one cannot read the DSP tune out.

Brian

Sledhead
February 15th, 2012, 02:44 PM
I have the tune saved elsewhere (manytimes over). I was just testing everything I could before doing the full flash. Does anyone know how confident I can be if I successfully TEST a full flash?