PDA

View Full Version : DSP output reliability

LB72004
February 13th, 2012, 07:43 PM
anyone out there find the DSP output not always turning on as programmed?

right now i am trying to use it to activate a relay to power a lift pump and water injection pump. i set it up to activate when at 17 PSI boost [A0120 DSP output boost min] but it turns on during idle. from logging it shows that i am only at 14.65 lbs of boost at idle. at first i thought well i just need to add the atmospheric presser to the 17 lbs of boost i want it to activate at and see if that works. so i set it 34 lbs for good measures and now it activates on average of 14.90 lbs of boost (just barely above idle). at this rate i am going to hit the 72.5 lb limit before it ever activates where i want it to. i am going to set it higher but it shouldn't need to be this high for 17 lbs of boost.

i tried the [A0116 DSP output TPS min] & [A0118 DSP output RPM min] and it works as expected. the only one that seems to be wacky is the [A0120 DSP output boost min].

any one have similar results using the DSP output? did you figure out a solution to this?

Thanks
Jason

THEFERMANATOR
February 14th, 2012, 03:04 AM
In which DSP position? I believe teh DSP output only works in teh DSP positions by the settings, but in teh non DSP setting it is on all the time.

LB72004
February 14th, 2012, 05:16 AM
in DSP 1-4

the [A0115 DSP output enable] determines if it is on all of the time or only when in a DSP position. right now i have it set to {enable} so it only comes on in the DSP positions. this seems to work fine. when i put it in the non-DSP position it wont turn on at all as it is supposed to.

LB72004
February 15th, 2012, 07:00 AM
after setting [A0120 DSP output boost min] to 60 lbs the DSP output finally started to come on at around 17~18lbs of boost. it would then cut out around 20~22lbs. i believe it (the ECM) thinks it is going over its max limit of 72.5lbs [A0119 DSP output boost max] and cutting out.

i found someone else that seems to have a similar problem to me http://forum.efilive.com/archive/index.php/t-12308.html that does not seem to have been resolved.

anyone have a solution or know what settings to use to make this work? or is anyone using the DSP output controlled by boost? seems that this could be a big problem for someone trying to use it for water injection or Nitrous Oxide and having it come on just above idle.

Jason