PDA

View Full Version : My PCM locked me out! Need Help!

98S10LS1
January 30th, 2006, 11:25 AM
I have a problem, may be more than one? I installed a LS1 out of a 04 GTO into my 98 S10 I'm using a computer out of a 99 full size truck Opp. system 09379910. All has be good for the first 5000 miles - 120 days. Still working on tune but learning every day.
Last week crank position sensor learn Code came up. No problem I have the tecknology to teach. Went thru the relearn procedure and all is good. I thought, when i'm driving down the hwy only the SES light starts blinking a code maybe? their are no codes in the computer, not while its blinking or when i stop? I have started writing down the number of blinks my be this will help, it blinks at about the same pace as the blinker and stopps for 10-15 sec. then starts back. this is in a 20 mile drive 9,7,7,7,14,14,10,27,7,7,14,7,7,7,7,7 then pulled in to work? No Codes in system. Tryed to do some tunning and EFI Live says the computer is locked. I figure all is related but maybe not. Main problem is Computer is locked I have never locked it on purpose any way, and its never been out of my hands. Is their some way i can get back in my computer? About the blinking SES light is my motor mad its in a S10 or what.

Any help you guys can give would great:master:
Damon

98S10LS1
January 31st, 2006, 05:47 AM
Any Ideas? or thoughts? its telling me bootloader problem, and its locked.
I'm down loading 7.31 maybe it will help?

Thanks, Damon :help2:

wait4me
January 31st, 2006, 06:30 AM
Flashing means that you are having Missfires. Check your plugs and wires, if they are good, then check the power to the coils ect.
Send me the last file you programmed into the vehicle, and ill see what is going on with the locked issue.

wait4me
January 31st, 2006, 08:11 AM
Hmm, You where able to flash this tune before?
Type in $ffff on the key tab and you will be able to read and write to it.

Also email your file to Ross or paul at support.

98S10LS1
January 31st, 2006, 08:25 AM
Yes I have flashed Multiple tunes or adjustments to computer. I can't say that i aways got the result i was looking for but the computer took it.:Eyecrazy:

Thanks for the help,
I'm going to try the Key Know

98S10LS1
January 31st, 2006, 08:59 AM
:master: Wait4me you are the MAN!:master:

Just loaded anouther tune. :banana:
Will i Need to use that Key for know on?
I hope my missfire is a easy to find, funny thing cant feal it when it does it. Driving 68 mph with cruz on 1800 rpm exhaust note does not change or anything that i can feal or hear when light is blinking, and it just does it on the Hwy. If you say Misfire i'm check wires, plugs and conections.

Thanks again for the help:cheers:

wait4me
January 31st, 2006, 09:24 AM
You can unlock the pcm, just press the upside down key in the tuning software, then put in $ffff and then press the unlock key. You will have to do this 2 times. and then it will finally unlock the second time.

As for your missfire issues. i would say it is because you are running a 4.8L tune on a 5.7 motor.

98S10LS1
January 31st, 2006, 11:10 AM
I've got over 5000 miles on the motor in the S-10 and it just started blinking this week.

As far as the 4.8 tune, thats why i bought a Comercial licence and EFILive. I would like to upgrade the opperating system to a 2001 with a vallet switch but just not confident enough Yet.

My wiring harness came with a diablo that supposably had gto speks in it. But im with you it says 4.8 in some places and 5.7 in outhers.

If i went to COS How much is blank and has to moved from my current Tune? Its not right.

A lot of people bad mouth GM on their sensor set up and programing, but i am amazed how well and smooth it runs like it is.
Can you recomend a COS my current OS is 09379910

I have a wide band and learning something new every day just by reading about every one else.

Again many thanks, Damon:thankyou2:

Chalky
May 24th, 2007, 11:25 AM
You can unlock the pcm, just press the upside down key in the tuning software, then put in $ffff and then press the unlock key. You will have to do this 2 times. and then it will finally unlock the second time.

As for your missfire issues. i would say it is because you are running a 4.8L tune on a 5.7 motor.

Jesse:

I am locked out of my PCM. Will your shortcut unlock any locked PCM?
If so, what key do I push before entering $ffff?

wait4me
May 24th, 2007, 12:46 PM
It depends on what the SEED says it is. it wont hurt to try anything.