PDA

View Full Version : pulse vs rpm

TorqueDieselLLC
February 25th, 2012, 01:09 PM
for higher rpm tuning is there a way to limit pluse width vs rpm or is the only way by changing the axis tables and using rpm vs mm3 then mm3 to pulse width

FUBAR
February 25th, 2012, 03:21 PM
Couple options, there are the parameters tab in the main quantity sub tab, you can choose to not limit to 5000 or so rpm, or min, med, a lot, etc to 3800 or so rpm. And then you also have the P.I.D. Loop system in the engine protection rpm limiters sub tab. Then you can set what rpm is the min and max you want it to start to pull fuel.

TorqueDieselLLC
February 26th, 2012, 10:22 AM
thanks for the input fubar but thats not exactly what i was looking for, it would be nice to have a pulse table like the main table but with rpm on the left not mm3

GMPX
February 26th, 2012, 10:53 AM
The ECM doesn't monitor the pulse time, it's just a final table used right before injection, you need to get the fuelling sorted out using the commanded mm3 tables, not the pulse table. This is why the pulse table is referenced to commanded mm3, not RPM. If you want to achieve limiting in any way based on RPM's then it needs to be done via the limiter tables under the group "Injection Quantity" > "Limiters". Take your pick, every one of them is based on RPM. If the RPM in those tables isn't high enough for you then you can re-scale the axis values so it works for you.

TorqueDieselLLC
February 26th, 2012, 12:45 PM
thanks Ross thats the info i was looking for, thats the way i've been working on it and was just wondering if there was an eaiser way, thanks again