PDA

View Full Version : Vat relink not working code $33

cumminsDK
February 25th, 2012, 07:26 PM
I tried to use the tune tool to do and vats relink on an 03 lb7 after installing a used ec m to replace 1 that was fried and it would not work gave error code 33 and sometimes I would hit the button and it would say ec m not secured ec m not secured then give me the error code another time it went through and said trying to initialize I think 3 or 4 times then error code I did not try the manual method as I did not have time so I disabled the vats for now in ecm

I am using pre release 9 and have all the firmware and bootblocks updated

GMPX
February 26th, 2012, 09:09 AM
If I recall the VATS relearn is really fussy on the LB7, best bet is the IGN on for 30 minutes trick.
So what you need to do is:
Turn IGN on, leave for 10 mins (make it 12 to be sure).
Turn IGN off for 30 seconds.
Then start the truck, at this point (yes 30 mins in total) the VATS should have done an automatic relearn.

Or to make it easier, just change {G0302} Relearn Timer from 600 Seconds to 60 seconds, then you'll only need to wait 1 minute for each key on instead of 10.

Cheers,
Ross

cumminsDK
February 26th, 2012, 11:10 AM
If I recall the VATS relearn is really fussy on the LB7, best bet is the IGN on for 30 minutes trick.
So what you need to do is:
Then start the truck, at this point (yes 30 mins in total) the VATS should have done an automatic relearn.

Or to make it easier, just change {G0302} Relearn Timer from 600 Seconds to 60 seconds, then you'll only need to wait 1 minute for each key on instead of 10.

Cheers,
Ross

Ok thanks ross, thats really the first time I'd used it as this was my first ecm failure.