PDA

View Full Version : The myth of a "defueled" LLY?

McRat
January 31st, 2006, 04:35 AM
I'm data logging to try and find the defueled first and fifth gear that GM stated we had.

I can find no evidence of it during WOT passes. Same fuel shot occurs as far as I can tell regardless of gearing.

Has anyone actually "seen" it? If so, how did you set up the test?

Max Power
January 31st, 2006, 07:25 AM
Maybe they FICM controls this regardless of what the ECM Is commanding?

Cougar281
February 7th, 2006, 06:01 PM
But wouldn't the FICM do whatever the ECM tells it to do? I wouldn't think the FICM would be able to do much more than what the ECM tells it to do..

GMPX
February 8th, 2006, 02:17 AM
Yes, the FICM is at the ECM's mercy.

bobo
February 9th, 2006, 06:35 PM
Use the DMA TQ reading to log it once. That is what I used. I'd like to have B1101 raised higher than the limit of 755.8. This should raise the limit in all of our base TQ tables. My TQ logs never read over 950ft/lbs. Do yours? By the way, my DMA TQ reads 808 ft/lbs at WOT in 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th, gears, but always lower in first. Since B1101 and all base TQ tables are limited to 755.8, where does 808 ft/lbs come from?

Kennedy Diesel
February 21st, 2006, 08:27 AM
None of the TQ numbers shown with Flashscan really mean anything. What we need is calculated TQ output, but even then it's just a calculation at the mercy of the programming changes being made.

GMC-2002-Dmax
February 21st, 2006, 12:57 PM
TQ limited injection Quantity Tables

They reference MM3 on the Y axis and they also referenced to RPM, they are responsible for the shift defuel.

LLY's have an A,B,C Table for that as well as for Base TQ - A,B,C.

The ECM controls the fuel on the shifts, the TCM asks for the defuel, how do we know the TCM is not the one running the show........:nixweiss:

It may be limiting the ECM based on gear input references from the TCM to the ECM

Kennedy Diesel
February 27th, 2006, 03:37 AM
In order to push further, we need the TQ tables from the Trans data list.

bobo
March 21st, 2006, 08:06 AM
I recently tuned an LLY with horrible defuel characteristics and changing the TQ limited injection quantity tables fixed it. Now if we could log it----

Cougar281
April 24th, 2006, 11:55 PM
Is it possible that the TCM is commanding the defuel?