PDA

View Full Version : Timing calculator for Cummins but not Duramax in tune tool.. what gives?!

Black6spdZ
February 27th, 2012, 04:46 AM
where is the built-in timing calculator for us dmax users that made efilive what it is today? I'm a little disappointed that it has been brought to the cummins first.

LB72004
February 27th, 2012, 05:03 AM
where is the built-in timing calculator for us dmax users that made efilive what it is today? I'm a little disappointed that it has been brought to the cummins first.

that's because we know how to use Excel.:hihi:

well actually i love the idea.

Jason

GMPX
February 27th, 2012, 09:21 AM
OR......Hey EFILive, I noticed that the Cummins ECM's have the calculator built in to V7.5, any plans on offering that for the Duramax?
Sure, we plan on doing that, it's a little trickier on the Duramax though because it's over 3 ECM types that are not the same like Cummins. We are trying to focus on getting a stable release out that will hold as the version cut to CD's etc, the timing calculator requires a lot of testing and software changes so we didn't want to risk 'breaking' anything. Just keep in mind, a lot of our Cummins beta testers have been using EFILive on Duramax's from day one, it's not like Duramax is out of the loop in some way.

that's because we know how to use Excel.:hihi:
Well in a way that is why the Cummins got it first, you Duramax guys are used to using it in Excel, there was nothing at all for the Cummins.

Black6spdZ
February 29th, 2012, 10:42 AM
The DMax excel calculator has been out for years.. surely enough time to have this pretty valuable tool incorporated by now.. and yes there is a Cummins excel calculator as well.. from what I read it was the basis of what was used to add it to EFILive. I can understand EFILive branching out to Dodge because future DMax tuning looks pretty hopeless, but there's no reason to completely stop adding new things for the older Dmax trucks.. especially now that the price has been hiked for the excact same functionality as years past.

GMPX
February 29th, 2012, 10:58 AM
The DMax excel calculator has been out for years.. surely enough time to have this pretty valuable tool incorporated by now..
It was never thought of from our end to put the Dmax calculator in to the software, a beta tester suggested we incorporate it for the Cummins before everyone got used to using an Excel version, so we did. I'll repeat...

it's a little trickier on the Duramax though because it's over 3 ECM types that are not the same like Cummins. We are trying to focus on getting a stable release out that will hold as the version cut to CD's etc, the timing calculator requires a lot of testing and software changes so we didn't want to risk 'breaking' anything.
So now the concept of putting it in the software for the Duramax has been thrown around we will do it, but not until we have a software release stable enough to distribute.

LB72004
March 10th, 2012, 07:08 PM
So now the concept of putting it in the software for the Duramax has been thrown around we will do it, but not until we have a software release stable enough to distribute.

that's why we love you guys, always looking out for your customers