PDA

View Full Version : v2 saying at 110% wont work help please

restless@westnet.com.au
March 3rd, 2012, 02:43 PM
hi my friends v2 will no longer work propely
it wont except any pid . (says 110% remove some items ) (it should only have 71% as i have the same pids loaded in mine ) even after we wiped the sd card and re loaded the licence # and firm ware +boot block with the latest ver it still says 110 % ?
how do i clear all the info and start again
thanks bob

Ira
March 3rd, 2012, 04:34 PM
Format the config file system.
Use Explorer to delete all the stuff on the config file system
Remove the Dodge PID names from the last tab of the BBX section in V8.

One or all of those might help, assuming I understand the problem.

Ira

restless@westnet.com.au
March 3rd, 2012, 09:00 PM
[QUOTE=Ira;165436]Format the config file system.
Use Explorer to delete all the stuff on the config file system
Remove the Dodge PID names from the last tab of the BBX section in V8.

One or all of those might help, assuming I understand the problem.

have tryed all the above

System says,

The data file system cannot be formatted remotely.

To format th data file please navigate to flashscan menu F3 -> F2 -> F3, format file system, Remember to format both internal and SD memory file system,

Select between Internal and SD memory file systems using flashscan menu F4->F1->F1

I have done both of these, and not much seems to happen though

joecar
March 4th, 2012, 07:30 AM
Do this on your V2:
- format the file system, F3->F2->F3 and wait for it to finish,
- in the V8 S&T software goto the BBx tab, click Read and specify Options.txt, then do Program All (the down arrow next to the Program button).

restless@westnet.com.au
March 4th, 2012, 01:06 PM
Do this on your V2:
- format the file system, F3->F2->F3 and wait for it to finish,
- in the V8 S&T software goto the BBx tab, click Read and specify Options.txt, then do Program All (the down arrow next to the Program button).

thanks guys for the input

the problem was my friend had to many ECU ticked in the pids LIST just about all the vehicles even diesels
and at the bottom of the select pid page the channel bars were (full all RED ) reading 110% so i removed the vehicles he didn't need and loaded the e38 pids for his ute now its all good
i did a log on my Ute and it works fine now
one thing though i didn't have to re install any licence # or con fig info or boot block it said all were OK i would have thought after deleting all the system files it would need all that info uploaded again
can you clear me up on this thanks bob

joecar
March 5th, 2012, 03:29 AM
Hi Bob,

Ok, that makes sense, and your procedure is correct (format the config space to delete all the config files, then uncheck some of the ECM's to get green status bar, and then reprogram to V2).

The license info and firmware/bootblock are stored somewhere else on the V2 so they can't be erased by accident.

restless@westnet.com.au
March 5th, 2012, 11:00 AM
i see
so you don't have to worry to much about formatting as you won't loose the main files
thanks for that cheers

Brian1
March 5th, 2012, 11:41 AM
No need to format. Common for EFILive V8 to have all the engine and transmission modules selected under the Tune option under BBX from a new fresh copy of V8 and no config present on the drive in the correct location.

Brian