PDA

View Full Version : Faster tap shift calibration

68sstt
March 3rd, 2012, 10:52 PM
Has anyone looked at the 2012 ZL1 calibration with faster tutd shift response. Would be good if the calibration algorithms could be used to speed up earlier calibrations!

68sstt
March 7th, 2012, 09:27 AM
Check this out

http://media.gm.com/media/us/en/gm/n.../0222_tapshift

Dieselman
March 7th, 2012, 03:46 PM
Link not working :(

joecar
March 7th, 2012, 04:35 PM
I think this is the link 68sst tried to post:
http://media.gm.com/media/us/en/gm/news.detail.html/content/Pages/news/us/en/2012/Feb/0222_tapshift

I also saw this (which mentions shift patterns):
http://media.gm.com/media/us/en/gm/news.detail.html/content/Pages/news/us/en/2011/Sep/0909_camaro_zl1

joecar
March 7th, 2012, 04:37 PM
(copy link text vs copy link location)

Highlander
May 7th, 2012, 01:40 PM
has anyone seen the calibration? I am sure its an OS thing. I wish to put this to the test on the caddies I have here!

GMPX
May 7th, 2012, 07:23 PM
I think you need to drive one first before you get too excited, I bet it still ain't no Ferrari paddle shift.

Highlander
May 7th, 2012, 08:41 PM
But itl suely be better than what it is! My other wsh is that if the ecu will get sharper in its shift poins because of it and not just paddle shifting!

68sstt
May 8th, 2012, 09:26 AM
But itl suely be better than what it is! My other wsh is that if the ecu will get sharper in its shift poins because of it and not just paddle shifting!

Hopefully this is the case i am building a trans now and will apply this calibration to a new tcm and give it a try
I want to put paddles on but only if it is is fast enough in the changes!

Redline Motorsports
May 15th, 2012, 12:05 AM
Well I can tell you this. I've had my ZL for over a month and been into the trans calibration from the jump. The shifting is a big improvement over prior years by like Ross said......it ain't no Ferrari! I also compared the calibration to a CTSV and it's "slightly" tweaked but nothing more then a skilled calibrator would do anyway. The key to there quicker shifts is in the pre anticipation of the shift and then just start filling the clutches earlier.....you can be assured there are probably 5 or more tables to control this that are baked into the OS and we don't have access to.

We also learned a lot when pumping 740 RWHP through it..............

HT

scottcmb
May 17th, 2012, 01:47 PM
Can this new calibration be full flashed into previous T43 system with an E38?

Redline Motorsports
May 19th, 2012, 03:18 PM
"typically"......the T43 does not like to be backwards swapped and sometimes forward. Not sure what your intended use is but the ZL used a 6L90 and not a 6L80. The hydraulics are different enough that the calibrations will be different and who knows what's effected in the OS

GMPX
May 19th, 2012, 05:17 PM
I think it was around 2010 the T43 had a slight change (maybe on purpose) so that if you full flashed an early OS (even using TIS) in to a late TCM it would be in limp mode, it's probably the same result reversed too.

scottcmb
May 19th, 2012, 05:27 PM
Ok cool, o well...... i will just have to keep using what i have.

Cheers for that guys :)

Scotty