PDA

View Full Version : can someone check my tune

Cool28
March 4th, 2012, 09:48 AM
This cars been sitting more or less for 2 years. In that time i repinned to a 0411 pcm on a 98 transam. Ive also replaced the whole driveline including a 4l80e trans.

While tooling around im getting misfires and i dont know why. 10-13 on 1-2cylinders and 90-110 on 3-6 cylinders. This was right after a reprogram if it matters. max rpms i got to on my ride was like 3500rpm and maybe half throttle. doesnt seem to be missing to me. I was hoping someone could check out my tune and see if anything pops out. I put fresh gas in also.

Another thing im trying to remove the low coolent light i put the temp it checks it at 284 put it still comes on. Any idea why? Im sure the sensor is bad was doing it before all this.

big thanks i have inspection on tuesday and id like to pass lol

Gregs
March 4th, 2012, 10:22 AM
This cars been sitting more or less for 2 years. In that time i repinned to a 0411 pcm on a 98 transam. Ive also replaced the whole driveline including a 4l80e trans.

While tooling around im getting misfires and i dont know why. 10-13 on 1-2cylinders and 90-110 on 3-6 cylinders. This was right after a reprogram if it matters. max rpms i got to on my ride was like 3500rpm and maybe half throttle. doesnt seem to be missing to me. I was hoping someone could check out my tune and see if anything pops out. I put fresh gas in also.

Another thing im trying to remove the low coolent light i put the temp it checks it at 284 put it still comes on. Any idea why? Im sure the sensor is bad was doing it before all this.

big thanks i have inspection on tuesday and id like to pass lol

post up a log if you can.

Cool28
March 4th, 2012, 12:59 PM
I can take a log tomorrow what pids should I log?

joecar
March 5th, 2012, 04:25 AM
Cool28,

Can you check if each of the port tubes on your exhaust headers are getting equally hot (are any running noticeably cooler than others)...?

Cool28
March 5th, 2012, 05:59 AM
Took it for a spin and it seemed to clear up guess it just had to learn. Little on edge cause everything I done to it lol.

Had way way less misfires think the highest one was 14. Short terms are getting to zero now also unlike before they were trying to add more fuel.

Laychut
March 6th, 2012, 02:27 AM
Hi Cool28,
Have you checked your fuel rail pressure since starting it after such a long period? A low fuel rail pressure can cause misfires.

Cheers,
Laychut

dlshandera
March 7th, 2012, 05:41 PM
also try doing a C.A.S.E relearn fixes alot of these issues after ANY tune work/reflash